Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Practice Space Needed for Polish Folk Dance Group

• 25-05-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

I am looking for suggestions from the good people of boards.ie

I am a member of the Polish Folk Dance Group here in Dublin and we are looking for a new space to practice in as the current location we are using is no longer suitable.

We are looking for a space big enough for at least 20 people to dance in formations with a wooden or lino floor; well anything except carpet really.

We don't have any money and any money we do make from collections and charity goes to our costume fund.

Does anyone know how to go about finding a room that is available once a week and is free? Does Dublin City Council , Fingal Co Co or South Dublin Co Co offer anything? What about the Church? School halls etc? Can anyone give me some advice if they have pursued something similar in the past?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You should be able to get a room in a community centre or gym for maybe €20/hour.

Whereabouts would suit? City centre or somewhere suburban. how about http://carmelitecommunitycentre.com/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The Exchange in Temple Bar offer free rehearsal space but as you would expect are very busy! No harm contacting them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 EimearM

faceman wrote: »
    The Exchange in Temple Bar offer free rehearsal space but as you would expect are very busy! No harm contacting them. :)

Wow. Cheers! I will give them a shout.

Advertisement