Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potato Blight Warning in effect 25 May 11

Options
  • 25-05-2011 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

From met.ie
    Conditions favouring the spread of potato blight will occur at times up to and including this weekend.
    Friday looks like the only day reasonably suitable for spraying.

I will keep an eye on met.ie and other weather pages like the NOAA and update on Facebook and twitter as conditions are very changable in the next few days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

of course fool here planted kerrs pinks as they were the only ones i recognised when i went to buy them:confused:. obviously they have turned out to be the worst spuds for blight:o.

anyhow i sprayed them 7 days ago and wasn't going to spray again until the weekend. i presume they should be allright or would i want to fly around them again this evening when i get home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Not trying to be funny but is this blight made worse because it's National Fish and Chips Day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

sponge_bob wrote: »
    of course fool here planted kerrs pinks as they were the only ones i recognised when i went to buy them:confused:. obviously they have turned out to be the worst spuds for blight:o.

anyhow i sprayed them 7 days ago and wasn't going to spray again until the weekend. i presume they should be allright or would i want to fly around them again this evening when i get home?

Best keep an eye out on met.ie and other sources about when to spray, kerrs ar great - hope you dont get hit.

Re:fish and chips day, at least we'll have the fish!

Zuiderzee wrote: »
    Best keep an eye out on met.ie and other sources about when to spray, kerrs ar great - hope you dont get hit.

Re:fish and chips day, at least we'll have the fish!

i have them set in 2 different lots about 50% planted 4-5weeks ago and the rest planted last week.
    might just run out and give them a quick shot just in case, i have the mix in the sprayer an all ready to go;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Zuiderzee wrote: »
    From met.ie
    Conditions favouring the spread of potato blight will occur at times up to and including this weekend.
    Friday looks like the only day reasonably suitable for spraying.

I will keep an eye on met.ie and other weather pages like the NOAA and update on Facebook and twitter as conditions are very changable in the next few days

I'm not trying to be awkward or anything but why would people check on facebook, or even here, for the weather when it's directly available from Met.ie and elsewhere? It's even an add-on on a google homepage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

It's even an add-on on a google homepage.

Cheers for that :)

I'm not trying to be awkward or anything but why would people check on facebook, or even here, for the weather when it's directly available from Met.ie and elsewhere? It's even an add-on on a google homepage.
    johngalway wrote: »
    Cheers for that :)

see how helpfull you were without even actually realising it:D

Advertisement