Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optometry Anyone??

Options
  • 25-05-2011 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, getting super worried as I haven't been called for an interview yet and May is nearly over.......was really hoping to at least get an interview....can anyone offer me some hope or have people been called for interviews already? :(Thanks

Comments

I posted a similar question a few days ago, regarding mature interviews/offers for courses DIT in general (rather than your specific case of optometry) as I've searched and haven't seen a single person discuss it yet...:confused:

The pessimistic side of me is thinking if they sent letters to mature applicants back in March and now it's near the end of May, the boat may be missed and will have to wait until August to see if my LC points will be enough. :(

The optimistc side is thinking that in DIT they've just finished Summer exams and lecturers are busy correcting exam scripts and will then start the interview and selection process for next Septembers candidates after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I just got home and ive recived a letter saying that i got in to DKIT :D

I also got a letter for an interview for DIT the other week but my 1st choise was the one i got in DKIT.

Ps a bit of luck you guys will still get an interview.

Congrats to you on getting your first choice DKIT !!! You must be so thrilled !!! :)

Going by last years points I have more than enough from my LC back in the mid 90s, but just for peace of mind, seeing that points can take a leap in any given year I'd like the chance to go for interview if possible....if not, I'll remain on tenderhooks until August and CAO round 1 offers !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭graceanseo

Not feeling very optimistic now......:(

Oh well, next year I hope :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

Graceanseo - I was in the same boat as you, I rang the dept head and the mature student advisor and hounded them a couple of weeks ago, and eventually someone rang me back and told me I was listed for interview.
    I only just received a letter from DIT for my first choice course inviting me to interview 2 days ago. It's DIT Kevin St and I believe Optometry is carried out there as well? They're just finishing exams, hence the late interviews. Plus the applications are vetted by both DIT and TCD (who award some of the degrees). My interview is in early June, dunno when offers will be made. So don't lose hope yet - perhaps give them a call.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I had hoped that was the situation :)

maybe I will be contacted soon, really want this, but if not this year I will try again next, Thanks You

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwabh

Your best hope would be to get in contact with Eva Doyle as she is head of the department. her number is 402 4751 or eva.doyle@dit.ie

Hi, Thanks for that, I did try that already, but I'm sure she's up to her eyes....no pun intended :o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwabh

Eva is always busy, what did she say. The only other person I could think of would be veronica perhaps, she is normally the other lady who is involved with admissions

Advertisement