Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz Wages v NZ Wages

Options
  • 25-05-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what the wages are like in NZ compared to Oz in particular for Nurses (Midwifery) and Construction Professionals (Engineer/Site Manager).

I've a fair idea of Oz but would like to know about NZ and also is the cost of living reflected in the difference in take home pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Radiotower wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering what the wages are like in NZ compared to Oz in particular for Nurses (Midwifery) and Construction Professionals (Engineer/Site Manager).

I've a fair idea of Oz but would like to know about NZ and also is the cost of living reflected in the difference in take home pay?

Wages are not as high as Oz, I think everyone is pretty much sick of answering this same question.

You would pick up EQR work handy enough in Christchurch though and its not bad money at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Different currencies, different economys, different cost of living

Very hard to compare.
    It's like people using todays exchange rate comparing ireland and Oz, sayign that Oz is expensive.
    If you used the rate from 2-3 years ago, Oz came out looking cheap. The prices in either country didn't change a whole lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Mellor wrote: »
    Different currencies, different economys, different cost of living

Very hard to compare.
    It's like people using todays exchange rate comparing ireland and Oz, sayign that Oz is expensive.
    If you used the rate from 2-3 years ago, Oz came out looking cheap. The prices in either country didn't change a whole lot.

An answer to the question is take about 40% off wages in OZ and you will get the answer.

However, OZ is over priced exchange rate or not.

Advertisement