Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotch/Georges quay area.

• 25-05-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi, moving apartment probably at the end of the month and just looking at some apartments in the above area. One friend was saying it's a kinda scumbag area... but to me it looks grand/clean etc. I've seen the area already. Hardly doubt it's a lot worse than other areas in Waterford. Not from the city so just wondering if anybody has lived there what's the area like to live in? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

PandyAndy wrote: »
    Hi, moving apartment probably at the end of the month and just looking at some apartments in the above area. One friend was saying it's a kinda scumbag area... but to me it looks grand/clean etc. I've seen the area already. Hardly doubt it's a lot worse than other areas in Waterford. Not from the city so just wondering if anybody has lived there what's the area like to live in? Thanks :)

It's a nice area. Swans, water, etc... Some apartment buildings are not great, some are fine. Give the place a good look over and use common sense. I think it's one of the best parts of Waterford to live in. Lots of amenities nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

PandyAndy wrote: »

I never heard of it being labelled a scum bag area. I've been in that area around 23.00 a good few times. I never saw any trouble and never felt intimidated in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

yea a fairly quiet area. never heard anything bad myself. Its near everything but its also quite sheltered so it seems ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Brother used to live down that way. Never any problems that I know of

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

merlante wrote: »
    It's a nice area. Swans, water, etc... Some apartment buildings are not great, some are fine. Give the place a good look over and use common sense. I think it's one of the best parts of Waterford to live in. Lots of amenities nearby.

Dinner :D Yea, my thoughts exactly. It's a lovely area alright.
    dayshah wrote: »
    I never heard of it being labelled a scum bag area. I've been in that area around 23.00 a good few times. I never saw any trouble and never felt intimidated in any way.

Me neither, never heard anything bad about it or read anything either. Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

few cans? wrote: »
    yea a fairly quiet area. never heard anything bad myself. Its near everything but its also quite sheltered so it seems ideal
    seanybiker wrote: »
    Brother used to live down that way. Never any problems that I know of

Cool cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

used to be in the rowing club down there. Nice area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

used to be in the rowing club down there. Nice area

Nice place for a quiet cheap pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I used to live in harbour view. Grand having the 3 Shippes as a local. There are a lot of foreigners living there and to some people that may not be fantastic. (I said some people!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Roanmore wrote: »
    Nice place for a quiet cheap pint.

yup yup and a lot of people don't know about the place so its a little gem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A rowing club? Sure you don't need to go to a club to have a row.

Advertisement