Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Careful with that track pump

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

poochiem wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/25/new-zealand-air-compressor-buttock ... the padded lycra shorts should be barrier enough 'butt' you can never be too careful

Believe it or not, in our first lab in college using compressed air, they specifically told us NOT to insert the airlines into and "cavities".

Apparantley some lads, stuck it up some guy and ripped his colon apart.

I didnt believe it....I still kinda dont, even though they say it every year, and I heard it before i even went into college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

At times you just have to wonder about some ppl!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

kona wrote: »
    Believe it or not, in our first lab in college using compressed air, they specifically told us NOT to insert the airlines into and "cavities".

Apparantley some lads, stuck it up some guy and ripped his colon apart.

I didnt believe it....I still kinda dont, even though they say it every year, and I heard it before i even went into college.

They were apprentices in some industrial site. They were bullying one of the other guys pinned him down and stuck it up his arse. Caused serious internal dame. Should be articles about it floating around, went to court think they were done for GBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Rew wrote: »
    They were apprentices in some industrial site. They were bullying one of the other guys pinned him down and stuck it up his arse. Caused serious internal dame. Should be articles about it floating around, went to court think they were done for GBH.

Thats disturbing TBH. How could anybody stand around and watch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I call urban legend.

edit: Snopes says that a guy did die in Thailand after being assaulted by two co-workers. Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Khannie wrote: »
    I call urban legend.

Not in this case, I remember reading about it years ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Happened in Cork if I remember correctly.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Happened in Cork if I remember correctly.

Yeah I was thinking Cork or Wexford, Mitchelstown rings a bell with me

kona wrote: »
    Thats disturbing TBH. How could anybody stand around and watch that.

From memory of what i read about it they held him down and were laughing about it, then left him there not realizing the serious damage they had done to his intestines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

if memory serves me he was a young lad who was working there during his summer holidays and it was in cork alright. I think it was a garage it happened in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Khannie wrote: »
    I call urban legend.

edit: Snopes says that a guy did die in Thailand after being assaulted by two co-workers. Jesus.

Nope, true story, happened here in Ireland a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat Kavanagh

This isn't urban legend - I remember the case, even though it was quite a few years ago. It caused very serious injury if I remember right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

This isn't urban legend - I remember the case, even though it was quite a few years ago. It caused very serious injury if I remember right.

All outlined in the link I posted just above your post.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Cripes- from the thread title I really wasn't expecting stories like these. Horrific stuff.

On second thoughts, maybe I won't open that 'CycleSurgery?' thread after all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭pmcd22

You got to pump it up.

Ah no, serious stuff, lucky someone was there to switch the valve off.

Advertisement