Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bike24.com

• 25-05-2011 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,

Anyone any experience using bike24.com? Have my eye on a Look 566 on there but would be interested in hearing any opinions on their reliability, delivery rates etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Used them a few times and no problems to report.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Used them twice so far, both orders in around €100-€200. Stuff arrived promptly, in good nick, so no complaint. Also found the prices very competitive on the items I bought. Given the recent CRC credit card fraud, one big concern is that they don't handle PayPal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thhink you'll find plenty of people have used bike24 i have bought tyres off them as they were cheaper than anywhere else - you have to watch the shipping costs (here http://www.bike24.com/shipping.html)

i got charged the standard 10 quid not had any big items off them so dont know about that
    stuff arrived pretty quickly as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Bought wheels tryes tubes cassette and some other stuff off them, and pretty prompt delivery and no problems. They do have a delivery charge which you only find out late in the order, but it only becomes an issue if your order is small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

Bike24 are very good. Ordered a few things off them and prices were great and delivery was top notch - DHL. CRC have gone to the bottem of my list after the credit card fiasco, long delivery times and their new increased prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Guybrush T

I've used them for wheels and forks and other bigger stuff (I find the shipping charge eats up the savings on smaller items)

Fairly prompt delivery, no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

my issue with them as said above is no paypal! sadly i dont use them cos i only pay with paypal online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 king_crisps

Thanks for that. All pretty positive. Good to know.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Thanks for that. All pretty positive. Good to know.

Cheers
    there is a few other sites as well all very good have a look over boards and you will find them - 2 i know off hand are evanscycles.com (takes paypal) and my fav is http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ also takes paypal!

Advertisement