Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Fish and Chips Day!

Options
  • 25-05-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It's on again, 30th May 2012, been great the last couple of years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

guinness-battered-cod-320.jpg

It's only a week away, just a reminder.......

Lovely weather for a one & one if it stays like this. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Since this a genuine half price offer (not like pizza places where half price is normal price) you can expect massive queues halfway down the road. Dalkey was at a standstill one of the years. So best stick to off peak hours, like when they just open at 12 or so, or 3pm.

I have never gotten the offer due to the queues, not worth my while waiting 40mins+, which some people reported doing in bargain alerts.

I passed one chipper on my way home and went to the chinese across the road instead, its usually empty but this time had a good few customers who obviously saw the queue and went there instead -they didn't know what to make of the menu, probably not used to chinese at all. And here was me thinking "the poor chinese takeaway will have no customers on the half price chipper day", probably the best day of their year!

Advertisement