Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer anyone??

Options
  • 25-05-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey

Anyone interested in starting a mixed soccer team to join a league in one of the astro turf places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Mixed race? :D

This and this were started up recently. First game is tonight. All lads (and Irish) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 graffikaz

Well ya mixed race too if ya want, but what I meant was mix sex... a team of boys and girls, there is alot of leagues for these teams. Think it would be abit of fun and something to do for the summer eves.

Lemag come on now what about the girls!!! LOL

graffikaz wrote: »
    Lemag come on now what about the girls!!! LOL
    If you're looking for a girl I think you will find that a lot more subtlety than that will be required.. *thought suddenly pops into head of boers typically found to be falling out of Mangan's on a Saturday night*.. maybe not actually:o

• Advertisement

Well lemag i am a girl and Im not looking for a girl im looking a group of people to have a game of soccer with and have abit of a laugh....but for the advice!!

graffikaz wrote: »
    Well lemag i am a girl and Im not looking for a girl im looking a group of people to have a game of soccer with and have abit of a laugh....but for the advice!!
    I'm there so :D Single?;)

You might have better luck with this be posting a thread in the soccer forum. However, you'd need to have at least 50 boards posts before you could be granted access.

From my own experiences of playing mixed soccer I've liked the friendlier atmosphere that seems to go with it. Having a few girls playing seems to soften that competitive edge that some of the lads would ordinarily otherwise have. If you can get something together and I can fit it around my work and other commitments I'd definitely be interested.

Hi Lemag

Thanks for that, hopefully we will get a team together. I agree its more of a fun game not so competitive. The problem Im having is finding girls to join up, but I will let you know if we manage to get something up and running.

PS: nope not single! :p

Advertisement