Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I got my Eircom upgrade!

• 25-05-2011 3:08pm

Just checked my router stats and it says I now have a download speed of 12mb. Just wondering though will I get more of an increase when I get the new router they said they were sending out? Or is 12mb my maximum no matter what router I have? Cos my line stats suggest I should get faster speed than 12mb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Online speed calculators only give an estimate of attainable speed. If you're getting 12Mb/s then your router is already ADSL2+ compatible so my guess is you won't be getting a new router anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Just checked my router stats and it says I now have a download speed of 12mb. Just wondering though will I get more of an increase when I get the new router they said they were sending out? Or is 12mb my maximum no matter what router I have? Cos my line stats suggest I should get faster speed than 12mb.
    What sort of line stats do you have? I'd only look for an upgrade in speed if your line has a downstream signal margin of 9dB or more.

Eircom tend to send out a new modem for people moving to ADSL2+ even if their current router works. This may not be the case for this latest addition of ADSL2+ customers however.

What sort of line stats do you have?

2ebxwft.jpg

That should be able to handle the 17 or 19 mbps profiles. 19 is a little optimistic on my part but 17 should be perfect.

I wonder why eircom limit the upload speeds so much on these products...

May I ask then why I'm not getting 17Mb instead of 12Mb? Is it the fault of the old router? Or do I need to ring Eircom? Thanks for your feedback so far!

• Advertisement

May I ask then why I'm not getting 17Mb instead of 12Mb? Is it the fault of the old router? Or do I need to ring Eircom or summat mate? Thanks for your feedback so far!
    Ring them up I think! I'm suprised they set you to 12 mb, perhaps there's a capacity constraint at the exchange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭BOZG

Ring them up I think! I'm suprised they set you to 12 mb, perhaps there's a capacity constraint at the exchange...

Think capacity constraint could be the issue. They told me that I was to be upgraded to 15Mb. Similar stats to Sienna Wet Composer.

Advertisement