Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4.1m cigarettes seized in Dublin Port

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭KingFling

Street value... Not buy/sell in a shop value I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

KingFling wrote: »
    Street value... Not buy/sell in a shop value I think

So it would be even dearer if it were retail?.
    Let me get this straight when they say 4.1M cigarettes are they talking packets of cigarettes or single cigarettes?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭KingFling

So it would be even dearer if it were retail?.
    Let me get this straight when they say 4.1M cigarettes are they talking packets of cigarettes or single cigarettes?

I'd say they meant 4.1 million single cigarettes. In shops they work out about 40cent to 45cent each in a pack of 20. Around €1.8 Million Euro worth if sold at shop prices and street value would be much cheaper I suspect so don't think it makes proper sense yea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If so does this mean 4 cigarettes are €2.10:confused:.
    No, €1.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Fair enough, im a non-smoker and i had no idea they were this expensive!. I suppose with the customs & VAT etc it bimps it to 2M so

• Advertisement
Advertisement