Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Cables from chassis to Motherboard..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Should be on the bottom edge of the motherboard. There will be a section on it in the motherboard manual.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It may help to use the 'missing pin' on each of the headers to get you bearings.

<<Snipped from MSI downloadable manual for the board>>.

160471.JPG

For example for the power button find the Power switch cable on the case (Labeled PWR_SW or something equally obvious like that). Note the + and - ends.

Locate JFP1 header on the motherboard, and find pins 6 and 8 which are the two right beside the 'missing pin' 10) on JFP1. Simply plug in the power switch cable with the - end going to pin 8 (the pin right beside the missing one) and the + end to pin 6.

Rinse and repeat for the rest of the LED/reset cables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PrettyButch

Thanks for replies..

But..
    How do i know which side is positive and which is negative?
    There's no markings on them, except for the Power LED cables, which are seperate, and one has + other -.

Do the labels on the cable connectors point outwards?
    On the blank side there is a little arrow pointing down on one of the connectors, would that be positive? :confused:

Sorry, but i REALLY, don't want to risk any damage, i've read a few scary stories, and probably scaremongered the bejaysus out of myself.
    I have the rise screws under the motherboard, and the motherboard fastened to them, As not to short it, is there anything else i should really look out for, that could do serious damage?

There is also two fans built into that chassis (this one), Where do i connect them, or do they need to be connected with that PSU?

Thanks..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Which way the label is facing doesn't matter at all. The little arrow points to positive side, but don't worry about it too much you will not do any damage if you get the polarities the wrong way around. :) For the switches (reset and power) it doesn't even matter which way they are connected as they will work the same regardless, for LEDs the worst case is they just won't just won't light up. Thats about it really.

EDIT: Used to have one of those cases, as I recall the case fans are standard molex connectors that connect directly into the PSU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PrettyButch

Okay,

Thanks a mill.. Sorry to bug you, But one (hopefully) last bit of advice..

There are four more cables, that i can't really see where to connect, now i know, i'll probably get there by reading back over the three manuals (Case, PSU and Motherboard) , but i am already confusing myself.. :o

These are all from the Chassis..

One cable has AC '97 and HDA connectors at the end of it, (audio) I presume one of them goes into JAUD

One has USB and this goes into JUSB?
    (Both at the bottom left of the board)

Then.. Coming from the PSU

One cable has Blue CP and U1 connectors - Not a clue where these go.

another has red PCI Express, and SLI ready with another red 2 pin connector coming from them.. (I'm guessing they will go into THIS? )

Any idea where i connect these on the motherboard?
    I know it might probably have been a good idea to bring it to someone, but the start of it went so well.. :)
    Then i got overwhelmed by all the cables.. do they all HAVE to go somewhere? :o:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement