Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Html link to my flickr stream??

• 25-05-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭

Unknown.jpg

Thats an example I am looking for ( html link) to use instead of having to type out the whole url...how do you do this? Can someone please advice me? Cheers :)

sorry if I add this in the wrong forum, I am not sure where to add it! Thanks anyways!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

for use on a web page or something like a blog that accepts limited html, the anchor tag in html is what you are looking for (in html) which has a basic form of;

<a href="url to your flickr or other web page">some identifying text</a>

like this;

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgkw/">TGKW's Photo Stream</a>

if it is for use on boards, just type your text eg:

My Flickr ->highlight it->hit the link button createlink.gif->paste in your flickr link->click ok

I think this is what you are asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

Thank you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 alphshuffel

This way is SEO friendly type of making a link. Putting URL directly is not user friendly. You should also put link over a keyword. That will surely provide you all types of benefits.

Advertisement