Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

touring with trailer

• 25-05-2011 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

lads have you done any touring using a trailer.
    i have near enough finished my Raleigh road bike now been used as a light weight tourer as in pulling a look alike bob trailer.;)
    just wondering whats the pro's and con's compared to front/rear panniers.
    cheers
    FSL;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭lennymc

the pros for me are that you can carry my stuff in the trailer next month :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

lennymc wrote: »
    the pros for me are that you can carry my stuff in the trailer next month :D
    yeah right how much stuff are you taking:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭lennymc

funny_bike.jpg

:D:D:D:D brilliant you computer boys come up with great answers
    lennymc wrote: »
    funny_bike.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

lads have you done any touring using a trailer.
    i have near enough finished my Raleigh road bike now been used as a light weight tourer as in pulling a look alike bob trailer.;)
    just wondering whats the pro's and con's compared to front/rear panniers.
    cheers
    FSL;)

Have never used paniers, but have used a trailer and am guessing (limited logic) that pulling the weight rather than having it sitting on the bike will be a bit more tiring (you'll hit the same pot hole 3 times, you'll have to drag it up hills etc). Manuevrability may be an issue too.

• Advertisement

just reading a thread on bikeforums.com on pro.cons bike trailer v panniers seem's it about 50/50.
    when i eventually get my order from chainreaction to finish my bike i will try the trailer out on a few hill's see how i get on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

just reading a thread on bikeforums.com on pro.cons bike trailer v panniers seem's it about 50/50.
    when i eventually get my order from chainreaction to finish my bike i will try the trailer out on a few hill's see how i get on :D

Can I sit in it for the test rides:p

macadam wrote: »
    Can I sit in it for the test rides:p
    yip but only if lenny is the pilot.:D:D

Advertisement