Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mechanics

Options
  • 25-05-2011 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

searched through some threads on mechanics within the Greystones / Charlesland / Bray/Delgany area...found a few numbers but does anyone have any recommendations? i have a biggish job (i think head gasket) so looking for good value garage or someone who works from their driveway, any suggestions in the local area greatly received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

searched through some threads on mechanics within the Greystones / Charlesland / Bray/Delgany area...found a few numbers but does anyone have any recommendations? i have a biggish job (i think head gasket) so looking for good value garage or someone who works from their driveway, any suggestions in the local area greatly received.

the two my family have always used are Davis in greystones and a guy called Noel byrne in Kipquade, both good garages and brutally honest if they dont think its worth doing the work on the car they will tell you out straight

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

the two my family have always used are Davis in greystones and a guy called Noel byrne in Kipquade, both good garages and brutally honest if they dont think its worth doing the work on the car they will tell you out straight

I totally agree, I've always used Byrnes, as my old man did back in the day and have recommended them to others. They moved last year from a garage at the back of their house on Priory Road to a purpose built garage in Kilquade.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭aev

whereabouts in kilquade did they move to?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

They are on the left about 1/2 a KM up the Kilquade Road after you turn off the Greystones - Kilcoole road. Just before the cemetary there is an entrance to the side of a house with stables, and the garage is located at the bottom of the gravel track behind the house.

If you PM me I'll send you a contact number.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭aev

Ah yes I know where you mean. They could do with putting up a sign, get them a bit of business. I live up in Kilquade, just wondering where they had moved to.
    Thankfully I don't need their number, right now car is chugging along okay but thanks for offer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

youknowwho wrote: »
    They are on the left about 1/2 a KM up the Kilquade Road after you turn off the Greystones - Kilcoole road. Just before the cemetary there is an entrance to the side of a house with stables, and the garage is located at the bottom of the gravel track behind the house.

If you PM me I'll send you a contact number.

Sent you a PM, you, looking for that tel number...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Try Rodney Evans motors. Just at the Three Trouts Bridge. Always good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

sorry, couldn't resist.
    645bdd52-dc81-476c-a577-cf7602ea6f0b.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement