Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite takeaway?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

So you've decided to give yourself a night off from cooking and fancy a takeway.
    Where's your favourite place to order in Kildare? and what's your most popular food of choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peter Sweeney

Italian pizza takaway in Leixlip, if you like Italian its hard to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

The Flaming Wok in Clane......the best Chinese anywhere!!

maguffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xoaudhep

I'd have to say a duck or satay dish from the Peony in Naas...
    or a Dominos :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Capri Grill in Naas or Rebel Pizza in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

franks takeaway in Prosperous, top notch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It used to be the fountain in Kilcullen, but Macaris have been catching up in yummyness lately and would now be my place of choice.

Bit Bites in Kilcullen is well worth a try too. One of the chefs seems to do very hot dishes compared to other Indians though so if you're not into mad spicy maybe ask them to tone it down a bit. (like wussy me)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

+1 for Fountain in Kilcullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xoaudhep

The Fountain in Kilcullen is just...wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The Fountain and Macari's of Kilcullen are both excellent.

Across the road from Macari, newly arrived Big Bites have a 'munchy box' for €10 which is basically a pizza box stuffed to the brim containing all manner of delights. Their chips need work though.

For Indian food, Swapna is Naas has to be the best around.

Haven't yet sampled an excellent chinese takeaway between Kilcullen, Naas or Newbridge really, best so far has been the Victoria Garden in Johnstown. I heard Fate in Naas was also good.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

indie spice(maloti) in naas. their vindaloo, class. /gets sweats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Zcott wrote: »
    Capri Grill in Naas or Rebel Pizza in Maynooth.

My OH got really severe food poisoning for Rebel Pizza - can't even mention the place without him going green!

To answer the original question - Royal City in Maynooth is a lovely chinese :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Delhi Darbar from Celbridge, get it delivered to Maynooth still piping hot. A little bit pricier than other takeaways but fast becoming the only take away option in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Staplor wrote: »
    Delhi Darbar from Celbridge, get it delivered to Maynooth still piping hot. A little bit pricier than other takeaways but fast becoming the only take away option in my house.

+1 on Delhi Darbar. If it's chinese Singapore Fame gets my vote, but i find it hard to choose between Michaelangelos or Da Mario's for pizza/pasta take away, but Michaelangelos wins for eating in, €10 for any main course and €5 for kids.(I live in Celbridge in case you can't tell:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 casalvieri

fountain take away all the way .... best taco chips around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 casalvieri

FOUNTAIN TAKEAWAY surprise day by day i try the pizza last week and its just fantastic ...... exactly cooked in italian way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ClaneJane

The Flaming Wok in clane, satay or chow mein, yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ondeball

Cafolla's, Wexico City.

Outstanding chicken fillet burger, curry chips and rissoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

Zen Thai in Newbridge! Consistently very good takeaways!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Flaming Wok in Clane, without a doubt. And for the best chips ever, Franks in Prosperous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

The flaming wok the one in the garage beside the bus stop? My ex is from clane and used to visit it religiously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The flaming wok the one in the garage beside the bus stop? My ex is from clane and used to visit it religiously.

That's it, yup. At Woods service station. Best Chinese ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Orient in Maynooth, their curry sauce is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Florino's in Newbridge..............om nom nom........... portion sizes are very generous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Myself and my wife have been going very regularly to Jaipore on the backstreet in Newbridge. A very nice Indian - very nice staff and decent prices. We've been going there so much in fact that owner (I think hes the owner anyway) knows my name, asks me how my wife is ect....nice touch and a lovely guy

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ferfer15

Best: Capri Grill (naas), Macari (kildare town, next to the Italian restaurant).

Worst: Abrakebabra in Kildare town. When they closed another opened in its place called Mc Doner. It was awful aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

+1 Florinos - 3 times last week!

Pizza, garlic bread, chips with cheese and bacon..
    Drool!

Jebus I'm a fat pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ferfer15

Zig Zag (next to abrakebabra in Kildare town) was a very good place. It is a pity it was closed. Their pizzas were lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Yes, Abrakebabra in Kildare Town was the epitome of everything that was wrong about a 'restaurant'. I pitied the staff there as I often saw the manager shouting at them in front of the customers.

Terrible food, very pricey, small portions. No wonder it closed down.

McDoner Kebab was no better, in fact I think it was the same crowd that ran Abrakebabra. Again, no wonder it closed down.

Macari in Kildare Town is excellent, it gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Delhi Darbar in clane is also fantastic. Have been off the take-aways for a few months now but that's the only one I miss :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The one in Celbridge is good too:)

Macaris in Maynooth is good as is Royal City.
    Only reason we discovered Royal City is that it is on justeat,conveniently so is Macaris now.

Advertisement