Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite takeaway?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

My OH got really severe food poisoning for Rebel Pizza - can't even mention the place without him going green!

To answer the original question - Royal City in Maynooth is a lovely chinese :)
    I'd the complete opposite experience , never had a bad pizza in Rebel , but had a filthy tasting satay in Royal city that left me sick as a dog , wouldn't go back there at all...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Has anyone tried a pizza from Salmons centra in naas. 7 euro for a large pizza. I was a domino's monster, and now i don't consider them. No charge for extra toppings. And you can buy the beers there too. Cooked in 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Swapna Indian in Naas. I live in Newbridge and make the trek to naas to get my takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

anyone try that new one in newbridge called 5 star pizza?? its more of an indian but the best i have had in a long long time. well worth the visit....

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

lotus on main street maynooth for chinese, the food is delicious love the salt and chill prawns, and macaris in greenfield sc maynooth for proper chips yum yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Got a feed from big bites in clane last week and it was amazing. The chicken garlic chilli masala was one of the nicest I've had in a very long time, very hot but loads of flavour also. The kebabs from there are immense, proper naan breads used and the chips seemed they were proper chips not the frozen ones and were very good. Going to get a jalfezi on Friday so will update what that was like if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 nicky chick

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Got a feed from big bites in clane last week and it was amazing. The chicken garlic chilli masala was one of the nicest I've had in a very long time, very hot but loads of flavour also. The kebabs from there are immense, proper naan breads used and the chips seemed they were proper chips not the frozen ones and were very good. Going to get a jalfezi on Friday so will update what that was like if I remember.[/

I know Clanes not huge but where abouts is that Ive never heard of it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

The Fountain in Kilcullen

Or, Luigi's in Monasterevin. Supremo.

.[/

I know Clanes not huge but where abouts is that Ive never heard of it:)
    Maybe it's new, we only got the menu for the first time a couple of weeks back. It's just opposite Bombay bistro and ate Chinese just in that little square at the pedestrian crossing. Got the jalfrezi since the last time and it was lovely by the way. Oh I've a craving for one of their kebabs now after writing this haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

+1 for Swapna in Naas (behind the town hall, where Lemongrass used to be)
    One of the best Indians I have EVER had, and I've had lots ! From Austrailia to the UK.
    Try it, you'll be glad you did :D

p.s. No connection etc etc

• Advertisement

Yeah swapna is nice just collect it if you can because when I've had deliveries they have been cold.

got the special kebab from tasty bites in clane. wow it was the nicest ive ever had, they fry up mushrooms and peppers an with it too. its an absolute monster, it must be a stone weight haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

If I am feeling flush, the Weeping Thaiger in Naas.

No other takeaway I know comes close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Sindri wrote: »
    The Fountain in Kilcullen

Or, Luigi's in Monasterevin. Supremo.

+1 for The Fountain but chip portions can vary hugely in size - there's one guy there who doesn't like throwing in the extra scoops. I go elsewhere if he's behind the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

245 wrote: »
    +1 for The Fountain but chip portions can vary hugely in size - there's one guy there who doesn't like throwing in the extra scoops. I go elsewhere if he's behind the counter.

I've stopped going to the fountain all together recently, the food, prices and service just doesn't compare to Macaris I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Whispered wrote: »
    I've stopped going to the fountain all together recently, the food, prices and service just doesn't compare to Macaris I think.

Cheers - will give them a go - reckon The Fountain has lost its way

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SrgSmn

the fountain is good....... careful they over charge on a regular basis. So if you willing to get ripped off go there.

Advertisement