Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerosmith?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭

Will we ever see the band play the o2. love to see the band

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Saw them in the Kings Hall on the Permanent Vacation Tour - they were OK. I would probably give them a miss if they played the O2.

P.S. - really not looking forward to the rumoured Steve Tyler/Jedward "Walk This Way" release.

man_vomiting_icon_116392.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Damn you got my hopes up. They are working on a new album atm i think so maybe we could see them sometime in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Seen them in the point twice, 1990 and 1993 (I think).
    They are fantastic live.
    Don't think we'll see them anytime soon, considering the fallout between Tyler and Perry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

You should definitely go see them if Aerosmith do play a new tour.

Last time they played Ireland was 2007 in Marlay Park and before that the last time was 93 at the Point, so 13 years is an awful long time to wait for a band to make a return.

I don't know what the chances are really. Aerosmith rarely do full world tours nowadays, its mainly just most parts of North America and some of South.

The odd time you might see them in Europe/Asia wherever.

There are some bands we will only have a chance to see once in a lifetime so bit the bullet as soon as a Dublin date is announced. I know I will:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

P.S. - really not looking forward to the rumoured Steve Tyler/Jedward "Walk This Way" release.

what!?

• Advertisement

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    what!?

Yip - thats the rumour. Now that Tyler's a Judge on American Idol (or whatever ****in Cowell vehicle he's on) , Cowell's evil empire are seeing it as a way of propelling Jedward into the US Market.

Tyler gets massive royalties, Jedward get exposure to the US and Cowell "shifts units" thereby killing another little bit of music. Win Win for everyone involved 'cept people with ears.

To think Aerosmith used to write class tunes like this ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

They did a European tour last year, they played quite a few festivals I think. I saw them at Download and the first half an hour was great they played all their massive singles but then it got a little boring they kept up with the blues jams and stuff that weren't actually at all impressive and even they seemed to lose interest.

Overall the whole thing was Ok. Probably wouldn't bother if they came to the 02 seeing as the tickets for the 02 london show last year were starting from £95!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I saw them twice in the Point and they were great gigs but the one in Marley Park was awful, terribly short set and they didnt seem too interested in being there.

As for the sheeite single Steven Tyler has out at the minute.......

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With a new album release and a north american tour. Will we see the do a gig over here sometime in 2013/2014.

• Advertisement

Damn you got my hopes up. They are working on a new album atm i think so maybe we could see them sometime in 2012

Wow just realised my post is a year old today ha . Would love if they popped over here again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I enjoyed them in Marlay Park actually, they did their best with a less than ideal venue IMHO.

I'd say an O2 show would be well worth the admission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

They were awful at Marley, come on, beating your guitar up with a hankie full of glitter and then having to sit down to sing a bunch of songs...

I say that as someone raised on permanent vacation etc, very gutted and wont bother with them live again. going thru the motions $$$$$$$$$$$$

PS- if I remember right Chris Cornell opened and he was fantastic, what a voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    They were awful at Marley, come on, beating your guitar up with a hankie full of glitter and then having to sit down to sing a bunch of songs...

I say that as someone raised on permanent vacation etc, very gutted and wont bother with them live again. going thru the motions $$$$$$$$$$$$

Of course there is the money element, I can understand the disappointment if you are a hardcore fan but let's be realistic, Steve Tyler is 64 years of age, they aren't gonna give the same energy as they may have in their drug fuelled youths.

I only started listening to Aerosmith in the last few years, so I enjoyed the Marlay Park gig, nothing spectacular but good tunes and he has a cracking voice that needs to be heard live.

"Rock stars in it for the money" shocker, oh the humanity! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I also saw them in Marlay Park and they really didn't look like they were putting any effort into it. Very disappointing gig. By contrast, four days later I saw the Who at the exact same venue and all I can say is "WOW". It was like night & day comparing the two gigs.

Lemming wrote: »
    I also saw them in Marlay Park and they really didn't look like they were putting any effort into it. Very disappointing gig. By contrast, four days later I saw the Who at the exact same venue and all I can say is "WOW". It was like night & day comparing the two gigs.

Yea i was at both gigs and The Who were better , but id still go see Aerosmith again preferably indoors at the O2 . Although once they do charge what they did when they did the O2 around Download time a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so 6 years later im finally getting too see Aerosmith play Dublin

sorry for digging up an old thread lol

Advertisement