Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aircraft Systems

• 25-05-2011 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Has anyone here done this pr has anyone heard good bad or indifferent reports about the course??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lighterfox

I was in the first year that finished the coarse. As far as the coarse goes, it's great craic. You'll learn a huge amount (and it's not geared toward those who have a vast knowledge of aircrafts) and the lectures are all pretty sound ex-air corps lads.

The problem is what to do after the coarse. There is no job waiting for you at the other end. Matter of fact, out of a class of 30 less then half got jobs, and that was bystarting over and getting apprenticeshipsand. There now spending another three years studying the same material in order to get a job. Some of us went on to do Mechanical Engineering.

If your really interested in the coarse contact the coarse director and ask him what the options are after you finish. My class felt a little hard done by when we left.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

Slightly related, I did 1st year mech engineering there and had a bad experience which resulted in my having to transfer to another college. I won't post details but will pm if you wish.

Advertisement