Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning just exam papers

• 25-05-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

If you do all the exam papers of the new courses for biology and chemistry is it possible to get an A?

Thanks in advance
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

While i'd say it's possible to get an A, the chance of things that have never come up before puts that A in danger. For example last year, if you had only done exam papers then you would not have known how the bomb calorimeter works.

Although at this stage focusing on exam papers is a very good idea for exam technique and the like, and you will learn a hell of a lot, they shouldn't be your entire study of the subject.

Cue Spurious telling you to use the syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Cool thanks :)

And about the syallabus' if you use them then nothing else can come up..... Is that right? I have used it for bio but get freaked when I see the extra stuff in te books!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Possible but potentially dangerous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Cue Spurious telling you to use the syllabus.
    :)
    Go over the papers but throw an eye at the syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement