Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bare faced lie by vodafone rep?

• 25-05-2011 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

I have been with Vodafone for quite a while & last June I upgraded to a bill phone.

I got the HTC Desire on an 18 month contract.

Anyways, the phone started to reboot by itself, battery would die in hours, apps stopped working, freezing.... yadda, yadda, yadda.

So I called HTC to try figure out what to do. I was advised to return it to the Vodafone store where I purchased it & return it to HTC for repair.

I did as intructed on 18th May. Today (25th May) I got a text saying the phone was ready for pickup! Great!

When I got the phone back I asked if it had been sent to HTC for repair? I was told definitively - "Yes" so I opened the return packet & low and behold it was reapired by FonFix. Who are not accredited HTC repairers (http://www.mprc.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=46)

Again I questioned was it repaired by HTC and was told - "Yes......FoneFix sent it to HTC & HTC repaired it".

On the service details doc it stated in the Engineers Comments - "Unit repaired by manufacturer"....I spent 15 minutes on the phone to HTC & was told the phone was never sent to them & that their repair centre was experiencing delays - the repair would have taken at least 3 weeks!

The Repair Bill says software upgrade - not true, the software is exactly as it was & the battery was quality passed eventhough the battery can die in a matter of hours.

So, how can Vodafone lie barefaced & expect to get away with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Putting the lies to one side, if its been fixed then they have fulfilled your rights. If its not fixed, you are entitles to another form of redress as the repair should be permanent, baring it mind the batteries and accessories only have warranty for 6 months were the handset is 24 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Would you like this thread to be moved to the Vodafone forum, where a rep can talk to you?

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭El Gato

Davy wrote: »
    Putting the lies to one side,.....

That is the point of my thread.....

....if its been fixed then they have fulfilled your rights. If its not fixed, you are entitles to another form of redress as the repair should be permanent.....

If it has been repaired by a repair company which is not accredited to repair HTC manufacturered devices, it could void my actual warranty from HTC.

In the event that the repair is not successful and my warrranty is voided, what happens then?

And finally....
    baring it mind the batteries and accessories only have warranty for 6 months were the handset is 24 months.

Before you make a statement about something like a warranty, make sure you have the facts.

Nowhere in the HTC warranty does it say the battery is only covered for 6 months

"The Limited Warranty shall last for twenty-four(24) months from the date of original purchase for mobile devices, and twelve (12) months for accessories......." batteries are not considered accessories under the definition.

...."The limited warranty applies only to the hardware components of the Product as originally supplied and does not apply to any software or other equipment"....

So please, think before making a statement in a reply post.

dudara wrote: »
    Would you like this thread to be moved to the Vodafone forum, where a rep can talk to you?

dudara

Thank you for the offer dudara, but I don't feel it's something that needs to be addressed by an online rep from vodafone.

I am not looking for a resolution from a biased, faceless online rep....

Prior to this thread I have read 100's of post re Vodafone and to be honest, overall the response & resolution rate is appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe I'm missing something but how are Vodafone Lieing? If they send it to Fonefix who send it back with a docket saying they sent it to HTC why would the guy in the shop dispute this? Seems to me he is just passing on the informaion he has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ah in fairness how is the Vodafone rep telling you a bare faced lie if the docket says returned to manufacturer for repair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

El Gato wrote: »

If it has been repaired by a repair company which is not accredited to repair HTC manufacturered devices, it could void my actual warranty from HTC.

In the event that the repair is not successful and my warrranty is voided, what happens then?

You returned it to the shop you bought it from and they dealt with the repair. Your warranty with HTC is in addition to your consumer rights, which are with the shop.

You took the phone back to the shop where you bought it and they sent it to their repair centre for repair. If it still isn't working then your contract is still with the shop to rectify the problem and if their repair wasn't done in a HTC approved centre that's their problem not yours.

The sales person isn't telling lies, it's the repair centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Sounds to me like FonFix lied, if anyone did. The Vodafone rep was just going by what the engineers' report said, which was "repaired by manufacturer".

Maybe I'm missing something but how are Vodafone Lieing? If they send it to Fonefix who send it back with a docket saying they sent it to HTC why would the guy in the shop dispute this? Seems to me he is just passing on the informaion he has.

Guy in the shop told me FonFix sent it to HTC....this was before I opened the sealed envelope in which the returned phone & dockets were.

My point is that the rep hadn't a clue if HTC or whoever fixed the phone, ergo 'yeah HTC fixed the phone'....why not just say that they sent it to FonFix & if I wanted any further info contact FonFix.

It seems to be standard procedure for (Vodafone) reps to say whatever to get rid of the customer.

sdonn wrote: »
    Sounds to me like FonFix lied, if anyone did. The Vodafone rep was just going by what the engineers' report said, which was "repaired by manufacturer".

Rep (if he was doing his job right) could clearly see that a 4 day turnaround is not enough time to send the phone to HTC for repair (HTC do not have a repair centre here in Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,934 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OP it sounds like your trying your best to Blame Vodafone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Rep (if he was doing his job right) could clearly see that a 4 day turnaround is not enough time to send the phone to HTC for repair (HTC do not have a repair centre here in Ireland)

Actually I'm pretty sure they set up a repair centre in Ireland in the last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

So I called HTC to try figure out what to do. I was advised to return it to the Vodafone store where I purchased it & return it to HTC for repair.

I did as intructed on 18th May. Today (25th May) I got a text saying the phone was ready for pickup! Great!

On the service details doc it stated in the Engineers Comments - "Unit repaired by manufacturer"....I spent 15 minutes on the phone to HTC & was told the phone was never sent to them & that their repair centre was experiencing delays - the repair would have taken at least 3 weeks!

?
    #1 - Your contract is with vodafone and specifically the store you bought it from. Any warranty from HTC is in addition to your statutory rights. Therefore if VF want to repair it in the back room, they can do so and its nothing whatsoever to do with you once the phone is returned back in working order.

#2 How on earth can a HTC rep know about each and every phone that comes for repair. Were they telling the truth that there was a 3 week delay. Was the fault on your phone so simple that it was repaired upon initial inspection.

You have a very blinded view on this and most of what you said is total conjecture based on your own unfounded assumptions.

The ONLY question you need answered is, Was the phone fixed? - nothing else, nada, zilch. Whether it was fixed by martians, or a geek in a tech room is of absolutley no consequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Guy in the shop told me FonFix sent it to HTC....this was before I opened the sealed envelope in which the returned phone & dockets were.

And there's no chance the FonFix sent the same information to Vodafone when the item was returned and the rep had looked at that? Vodafone would need a report from FonFix for their own records in case there was another fault and the phone was brought back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Fonfixs repair information is on the outside of the envelope you collect your phone in. HTC have set up a repair centre in Ireland. Fonfix don't repair HTC phones. They send them to the repair centre here in Ireland.

Is the phone working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Darren

cyning wrote: »
    Fonfixs repair information is on the outside of the envelope you collect your phone in. HTC have set up a repair centre in Ireland. Fonfix don't repair HTC phones. They send them to the repair centre here in Ireland.

Is the phone working?

Hi folks,
    Just dropping in here to confirm this:
    We (Vodafone) send the device to Fonfix who in turn send it to an authorised HTC repair agent.
    As Maxer 68, Cap'n Morgan etc have advised, your rights as a consumer are to have a remedy (repair, refund or replacement, colloquially known as "the 3 R's") provided by the retailer, what the retailer does to provide this remedy is up to their discretion, as long as it is within the boundaries of the Sale of Goods Act.

Also, and I can't find the info to back this up, but I'm sure I've seen this somewhere - This HTC approved repair centre is in Wicklow, so it's quite possible that the device was assessed within the turnaround time - it's purely conjecture, but the rep you spoke to may have been checking the jobs that have been handled by the UK centre, not the one in Ireland.
    I am not looking for a resolution from a biased, faceless online rep....

It's certainly worth checking in with us, we don't bite, and we can help out if you give us the chance to - we also lean towards customer advocacy, if something hasn't gone correctly, we'll do our best to make sure that it's put right.

Advertisement