Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown to Navan via 109

Options
  • 25-05-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

So I got an offer for a job in Blanchardstown. I know I can hop off the bus at the slip road which is gift but my question is where do you get back on it when you are coming home.

I read about the m50 roundabout but that seems a bit far from the centre. Is there anyone working in Blanchardstown SC that takes the 109 back to Navan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

You're not far wrong with the M50 roundabout. The bus stop is just near the Blanchardstown Junction, just where the Blanch roundabout used to be. It's probably about a 10/15 minute walk from the centre so not too bad.

I did a little map for ya :)

4004b.jpg

A is the centre. Just so you have your bearings, the yellow dot is Captain America's/Wagamama's/Starbucks. The blue dot is Westpoint gym and the red dot is the bus stop.

You walk from the centre right through Blanchardstown village. Towards the end of the village you'll see a little group of shops on your left, including Abrakebabra, St Vincent de Paul, and a wine shop. There's a little cul de sac (River Road) to the left just after them. Walk to the end of that road (there's bollards at the end) and you'll see the dual carriageway in front of you. Turn left and the bus stop is just there on the side of the road.

I've probably made this a lot more complicated than it actually is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I've probably made this a lot more complicated than it actually is :D
    True, especially when it seems that the new timetable coming in on Sunday means its being moved!!

True, especially when it seems that the new timetable coming in on Sunday means its being moved!!

After all my hard work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm not sure how it is now, but it used to be that depending on the time of day, you could see 3 or 4 109's go past full before you could get one to stop and let you on. :(

hopefully it's not like that any more tho, as it's soul destroying standing in the wind/rain/hail/snow for an hour or more trying to get home.

vibe666 wrote: »
    i'm not sure how it is now, but it used to be that depending on the time of day, you could see 3 or 4 109's go past full before you could get one to stop and let you on. :(

hopefully it's not like that any more tho, as it's soul destroying standing in the wind/rain/hail/snow for an hour or more trying to get home.

Yep, I've worked in Blanch for the past 6 years and for the first two of those I didn't drive. Waiting for buses home during rush hour was hell, especially on a Friday. So many days I ended up getting a taxi to Dunshaughlin after waiting well over an hour for a bus in terrible weather.

• Advertisement

The new timetable says that there will be pick ups and drop offs at Blanchardstown but it doesn't say where exactly. Wonder will they go up to the centre like the Ratoath bus, or will it just be the same as it always was.

The new timetable says that there will be pick ups and drop offs at Blanchardstown but it doesn't say where exactly. Wonder will they go up to the centre like the Ratoath bus, or will it just be the same as it always was.
    it does say where the'll be
    Blanchardstown bus stops:

Northbound: Bus stop is on the
    sliproad from the R121 onto the N3.

Southbound: bus stop is the Dublin
    Bus stop on the R121beside the
    R121/N3 interchange.

Oh crap I missed that! So they're in the same places as before.

Oh crap I missed that! So they're in the same places as before.
    If i understand it right the busses will leave the dual carraigeway completely - then stop, and rejoin the N3 again.
    i.e. both stops are on the R121 not on the N3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dont worry about Busses.
    Remember the Transport 21 scheme?
    Noel Dempsey promised us faithfully that the railway will be going by 2000 2010 2015?! :eek:

And its still on target!

http://www.irishrail.ie/projects/navan_progress.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been back I've had lots to set up. I notice that the bus does go on the the slip road going from Dublin to Navan so that means I don't have to wait at the round about which is nice.

I'm still not sure if it goes up the slip road when going from Navan to Dublin. Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Yep all inbound 109s are scheduled to go up the slip road and drop at the Dublin Bus stop (up slip road and right). The only journeys that don't are the 109Ns.

(But if there's nobody to drop-off they won't).

Advertisement