Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate courses in Journalism

Options
  • 25-05-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Literally just been accepted to DCU for the Journalism MA after what I perceived to be a failure of an interview. Had a very positive interview for the Journalism and International Journalism MAs in DIT today and thus am somewhat torn.

I have two weeks to decide and so plan to make as informed a judgement as possible. DCU is the one I have always wanted but the experience of the interview has left me a little unsettled.

Any opinions on the merits of either course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 uln

What a coincidence!! I have had exactly the same experience this week having held the same pre-conceived view – I could have written this thread myself. I had just logged on to boards.ie to start a new thread - but yours sums up my dilemma. Thanks.

What I have worked out so far…

DCU +
    work placement
    university status
    broader base including TV

DIT +
    good tradition going back to College of Commerce Rathmines
    shorthand taught
    very engaging interview
    city centre location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 An Ghaeilge cac

Don't forget to add the negatives!