Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biome-Geography

• 25-05-2011 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi!

I have Today's World and I'm doing the Biome(Option 5). I'm just inquiring as to whether you would be able to just do the case studies of the second of the two chapters. These include 'The North American Deserts' and 'California'. I have checked every geo exam paper and every year it covered one or even both of these topics. However, I am debating whether I should do soils as well. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody would be able to provide me with an insight into this matter, and if I would be safe just doing my 2 biomes!

Go raibh míle maith agat!(start getting the bit of Irish practise in now ;) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I didn't use that book but I did geography last year for the lc and managed an A.

The geoecology section should be a great section for you to pick up marks in and it was definitely one of the sections I was least worried about. :)

I did the rainforest biome so I did:

One question on biome characteristics 4 sections (climate, soil, flora/vegetation, fauna/animals).

A question on human impact in that biome so I did deforestation and how that affects climate, veg, animals and soil.

With these two you are covered, one of the two features on the paper every single time.

I also did a question on soil characteristics just to cover myself. Really general and I would have just thrown down everything I ever heard about soil. I was pretty confident that I wouldn't need it anyway.

I learnt off my biome essays pretty much word for word and I would highly recommend this approach. I was therefore able to write out the essay extremely quickly and I was guaranteed that it would make sense, include enough SRPs and have the proper layout. It was also so amazing the night before the exam knowing that I had that section and could gain hopefully very close to full marks.

The geoecology section and the field work are definitely the areas to maximise your marks in :)

Advertisement