Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

phoenix park

• 25-05-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭

hi ,

just bought a felt z100. keen to start cycling . are there any good spots around crumlin or maybe the phoenix park for a spin

Also any recommendations on where to purchase some cycling clothing , with emphasis on price

many tnx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Phoenix park is good, a mate does laps until he has 40km done and he is coming on well in fitness terms. As for clothing, wiggle, chainreactions or prendas are my usual ports of call. Have fun, oh and concentrate on distance rather than speed or big climbs for a while until your legs and lungs are fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

With regard to getting clothing and equipment, support your local bike shop, there are plenty located all around the city and suburbs.

You get free advice from experts, can try the gear on before purchasing and can return if there is a problem.

I buy my equipment from Wheelworx in Fonthill or Staggs in Lucan.

SHOP LOCAL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

I started cycling a couple of months ago in order to train for the Wicklow 100. I do four laps of this this three times a week. It works out about 25km including traveling there and back.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/35402028/

It has one longish hill up the Kyber Road that is good in terms of fitness, and also takes in all possible wind directions and a bit of a downhill as well.

Then I cycle out to Howth at the weekend and do a couple of Laps of the hill. That works out about 60km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

might take awhile but tnx for the advice.ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

yes would be very interested in the cycle to howth. thank you also for link , will have a proper look

• Advertisement
Advertisement