Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

itouch to view DVR

• 25-05-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi I'm hoping I can get some help here. I can view my cameras over the internet using the supplied software and using internet explorer with active x enabled. All ports forwarded and everything works fine.

My problems start when I try to connect with my itouch, I use cplayer (free from app store) to connect. When I try to connect via my LAN the player says connecting...buffering..100% then blank, black screen or sometimes exits the application.

I'm using a unbranded H.264 dvr with 4 cameras.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Pat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

When you say on your LAN are you on the same network as the DVR? If so you should enter the internal IP address instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 PatDee

Hi fionny, yes I am entering my local LAN ip address for the DVR player, which is 192.168.1.17.

When I connect to my DVR from an out side my network I use my dyndns address and port number.
    It all works the way it should i.e. when I'm using the DVR software or internet explorer I can see all my cameras...

my problem is when I use my itouch. The very fact that it says connecting.....buffering....0%...100% playing and then nothing suggests that it's communication with the DVR but then looses it's connection.:confused:

Thanks for your input;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Sorry I had the wrong end of it then! Is it possible that the itouch does play whatever video the dvr is streaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Apple lock down the protocols that iOS can use. Find out what the stream runs on, and see if you can use it on the touch. In the case that you cant, check jailbreaks to see if you can get an install that will.

EDIT: Also ensure you have a few hundred megs free, if you're close to full you may not have enough space to cache it(if find this happens with YT).

The app I'm using is called cplayer and is the one the manufacture recommends to view the cameras using iphone & itouch, the dvr listens on port 15961 which I can configure from within the app.

Good thinking Lethal about the cache would have never thought of that one....but there is 1.1GB free on my itouch...so I guess it's not a memory problem.

Close but no Cigar...

Thanks for your help.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I set up a Foscam at home and there is app's available to use with the iTouch.

This link should help.

http://www.gadgetvictims.com/2010/05/how-to-access-your-ip-camera-from.html

Yeah...nice link & write-up...that's more or less the way I did it...but instead of using an IP camera, I used a DVR box with an Ethernet connection...works very well...until I try to connect with my Itouch....then aghhhhh....

Advertisement