Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent payment to a credit card [Offline Standing Order to pay Credit Card possible?]

Options
  • 25-05-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I hope one of you can answer this.

In a real rush as heading away.

I have a payment arriving in a new Bank ACC when i am away. I want to on this day auto-send an amount to my Credit Card not from the same bank.

Is this possible to do, i won't have got the online set up in time nor have any cards! So it will be all manual.

If i go into the branch with the ACC tomorrow, would it be possible to say on Day X send 1000 to this credit card, give them credit card details and account?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

with aib i can pick the date and the number of standing orders. so i would pick x day and set number of standing orders to 1 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Thanks.

But for a credit card account, what is the account number say?

The account i usually pay is with a bank giro and it has the Card Number, an account and Sort Code.

So is it possible to do a standing order credit card payment from BANK A to a BANK B card?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes. They'll set it up with the Sort code and account number of the bank that issues the card, with your long card number as a reference. Bank B receive the money, and using your card number pay it on to your card balance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I've had issues with a Tesco Credit Card in the past - the account details on the giro on the bottom of the statement could not be used for a standing order/online transfer - best to check with your card company, I'm sure you wouldn't want it to bounce..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Okay.

I want to tomorrow send a fund transfer from a current account in to a credit card.

However i wont be able to get to the branch or a bank and it is just a simple bank account with no online facilities etc.

I am flying away in the morning and have to get this sorted.

I can get sum1 else to go in and transfer it but would this be possible?

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you can't do it electronically or in person then you'll have to write a cheque for the amount and ask a friend to go into your branch with the cheque and the last credit card statement. The bank official will then take the cheque and tear off the giro strip from the bottom of the statement, frank it and the rest of the statement and hand the statement back.

However if you can pay by cash it would be better, because you're paying by cheque it may take a few days to clear so you may be hit by interest or late payment penalties if the bill is being paid on the due date.

Advertisement