Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky bad servicemen?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    I hope this is the right place to post this, if not feel free to move. So two weeks ago anytime I turned on my skybox I got the message no signal being received. I rang sky up and they told me that in order to get it looked at I would have to pay up front. I told them there was no way I could afford it as it was the third time in three years that I had to call out a service man for the same reason. So to cut a long story short I agreed to upgrade to skyHD as it meant I would get the box and installation free along with some other perks.
    So fast forward to last tuesday when the servce man called in to replace the box. He replaced it to discover that the signal was virtually non existant so that the fault wasnt the sky box there was a fault in the cable somewhere.
    The only problem was that when my landlord was building the extension on the house some bright spark built the cables into the wall so of course it would be implausable to rip the walls out just to put in a new cable. So the guy agreed to come back that saturday and run a new cable direct to the sitting room through the dining room.
    Come Saturday he rings me to tell me that he has apparantly put his back out and wont be able to come, but he says he will send another guy over to put in a temporary cable so I would at least be able to watch and record one channel (which is better than nothing).
    The guy comes over and wants to run it through the window leaving the window open, I ask him not to do that as I have two cats that live indoors and i live on a busy road so they would be killed if they go outside. But he doesnt listen to me he runs it in through the window then slams the window closed on it. then just threw it into over the door into the sitting room. When he was looking at the channels on the tv they were extremly choppy but he just said sure taht will keep you going. On his way out he closed the door into the sitting room.
    When he had left I turned on the tv to discover that once again I had no signal. When I examined the cable both at the window and sitting room door I saw that they had been partiartially severed from him closing them on it.
    Now I rang the intial guy several times since and have yet to hear back from him. TOday i got a text from Sierra Suppor services saying if I should have a problem within 30 days that I should call them. My question is this, do I ring them or Sky direct? Or both? Am i entitled to some sort of credit to my account as I have had no tv for the alst two weeks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Ring up sky one last time and tell them if they don't sort it out your cancelling your contract as their not providing the service your due and that your moving to upc.

Advertisement