Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie Motor Insurance Query

Options
  • 25-05-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

i have my car insurance with 123, my renewal is coming up next month

however i moved house a few months ago and have only got around to giving them a call today to update their records so that my renewal form would come to my new address

they said that a 40e admin fee would be applicable to change the details and send me out a new certificate of insurance

when i questioned the 40e fee, the agent said that since i was nearing the end of my policy that they could if i wished hold onto the updated cert of insurance and i would not have to pay the 40e

they will also send the renewal letter to my new address

can anyone tell me if i left it as above that this would leave me in a legal loophole with my policy for my remaining month with them? ie. if i were to have an accident before my renewal that i may be screwed by them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Once you have your discs and your policy is up to date then you are sound.

123 are well known for their exorbitant admin fees for everything they do and Ive heard directly from alot of their customers about their bully boy tactics eg withholding letters of no claims bonus when people balked at paying their obscene admin fee's.

Let this be a lesson to everyone reading that gets quotes from 123.

Grand,you are saving money by taking the policy with them rather than more established company that costs more however its things like this that allow them to charge such low premiums,they will shaft you in other ways instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

okay but is my policy not up to date since they have my previous address on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

You only have a duty of disclosure of material facts (moving address) at renewal date. Relax until then

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Once you have your discs and your policy is up to date then you are sound.

123 are well known for their exorbitant admin fees for everything they do and Ive heard directly from alot of their customers about their bully boy tactics eg withholding letters of no claims bonus when people balked at paying their obscene admin fee's.

Let this be a lesson to everyone reading that gets quotes from 123.

Grand,you are saving money by taking the policy with them rather than more established company that costs more however its things like this that allow them to charge such low premiums,they will shaft you in other ways instead.

Typical public sector company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Read the Terms of Business of any insurance agent/company you deal with. The fees they can charge are contained within it. If you don't like it, don't go with them!

• Advertisement

peteb2 wrote: »
    Read the Terms of Business of any insurance agent/company you deal with. The fees they can charge are contained within it. If you don't like it, don't go with them!
    That's fine, unless you are in the middle of an insurance year like the OP. He has to wait until renewal now to make that decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Then he should have read it at the start. There is no point in saying that you didnt see in coming when its sitting there in black and white.

peteb2 wrote: »
    Then he should have read it at the start. There is no point in saying that you didnt see in coming when its sitting there in black and white.
    You're right, silly OP for not knowing exactly what he would be doing in a years time. Personally, I have all my life experiences sorted for the next 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭2011abc

This shower want 40 euro for change of reg number (even if car is smaller/cheaper/older) ,change of address ,even 10 or 20 for temporary changes eg car in garage and loan car in use.Complete highway robbery!

Advertisement