Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science audio books

Options
  • 25-05-2011 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a science audio book? It would be amazing to have an audio version of something like cosmos to listen to on a walk.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not sure about Cosmos but most books these days have audio editions. I like them but I can't really listen to them unless they're narrated by the author.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins.
    A Brief History of Nearly Everything by Bill Byrson.
    The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

Are all science audio books that you can buy. There are tonnes of other ones too, you just have to look. I recommend getting the unabridged versions even though they are more expensive. Also, such is the nature of science that some books require the use of diagrams to illustrate a point for that reason I would recommend caution when it comes to physics and maths popular science audiobooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Marsha McMallow

I've read lots of those already, actually! In retrospect I could probably have googled this. Thanks guys!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Try audible.com they've got loads of science audiobooks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

eMusic has quite a few knocking about, I think. Pretty cheap, too.

Advertisement