Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d pub in castlebar?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

is there a pub in castlebar that shows 3d matches. you need a postcode to check on sky website. its for the man u champions league final.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The Castle Inn, Castle St in Castlebar.
    Big couches and 3D TV.
    Will be neigh impossible to get a seat but will be a good atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭seanie69r

yop wrote: »
    The Castle Inn, Castle St in Castlebar.
    Big couches and 3D TV.
    Will be neigh impossible to get a seat but will be a good atmosphere.

I heard thy did but didn't wantto mention it as I wasn't sure. Yea the couches there are lovely. Finished work at 6. Plan on being in town for 6.45. Will go down and have a look.

I assume it's first come first serve basis. That you dint have to pre book a seat/glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

is the football in 3d any good?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

irishgeo wrote: »

Very good question, never experienced it! :)

In the big games due to the amount of potential fools in pubs I avoid them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

irishgeo wrote: »

It's ok. It's the novelty element really and that novelty doesn't be long wearing off!!

@OP - Just so you know, there are 2 tv's in the front lounge of the Castle Inn, one of them is 3D, the other isn't. There's a huge projector screen out the back lounge and tbh, you'll probably find yourself being drawn to that once the 3D novelty wears off:D You'll need to be in really early (probably before 6.45 I'd suggest) if you want to watch it in 3D there as there's really only 1 couch and the stools along the bar that would get you close enough and I know plenty of guys that will probably have their arses in the best seats in the Castle by probably no later than half 4

• Advertisement
Advertisement