Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to leave

Options
  • 25-05-2011 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

If i pay rent on the 1st of each month and I give my month's notice to leave. Does that mean I have to be out of the place im in now on the last day of june? Or could I leave on the 1st of july?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

If you stay until 1st July, you are starting another month's rental period, therefore you have until 30th June until mid-night to vacate the property.

Are you on a fixed Term lease? Usually you can't just give a month's notice and leave, unless there is provision in the terms of the lease (such as a break clause).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

odds_on wrote: »
    If you stay until 1st July, you are starting another month's rental period, therefore you have until 30th June until mid-night to vacate the property.

Are you on a fixed Term lease? Usually you can't just give a month's notice and leave, unless there is provision in the terms of the lease (such as a break clause).

Im not on a fixed term lease. I dont know what im on. Just moved in. There wasn't a contract or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

Get a contract!!!!! It'll be the only thing you have to fall back on should anything go wrong with you and your landlord.
    The last thing you'll be worrying about is the date you must vacate the property if the landlord gets nasty. As it is right now you haven't a leg to stand on so get a contract or it'll be a case of "HardLuckWoman, you're out!"

Advertisement