Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Par 3

Options
  • 25-05-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the par 3 golf course out in Roshill is still open? If it is, is it a good course. If not any other par 3 course around Galway. Only after starting playing and don't feel ready for the real courses yet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

no its closed. pitch and putt out at renmore barracks. why not try glenlo abbey. not a great course but short, cheap and good for beginners and never too busy most days. if you want to play par 3 just walk up the fairway and shoot in from 100 yards instead of teeing from the tee boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

The par three in Roshill used to be great, didn't know it closed. There doesn't seem to be many of them around anymore. There used to be one in Taylor's Hill as well but that made way for housing I believe. Yeah, the one at Renmore barracks got great reports and I presume it is still there. A colleague of mine used to play it and found it great craic. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

taylors hill pitch and putt still there, one in barna too but its the worse of the three

Advertisement