Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weavers gutted by fire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It looked really bad.
    It's unfortunate as it's only been recently done up, and was really nice too. :(

Some good photos for anyone who hasn't seen it yet;here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

so how do we get to supervalu now? can we go down by the garda station ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

whelan1 wrote: »
    so how do we get to supervalu now? can we go down by the garda station ?

Down Duke St and onto Stockwell St. I went down that way yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

CMpunked wrote: »
    It looked really bad.
    It's unfortunate as it's only been recently done up, and was really nice too. :(

Some good photos for anyone who hasn't seen it yet;here

Thats terrible !

So how was trade going for them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

pretty bad afaik

it sounds kinda dodge if you ask me...am i aloud say that on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

Rossin wrote: »
    pretty bad afaik

haha....even when i heard it asleep on bed other morning i raised an eye brow....though im sure insurance crowd will look well into it....tho insurance money easier than a loan in this climate i hear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rossin wrote: »
    pretty bad afaik

Well it was reported in the media that the gardai were treating it as suspicious.

It's a real unfortunate coincidence when you consider the guy who owns the place also owned the bridgeford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RMcM

Why, whappened to the bridgeford?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

(lol at the music they put in the vid)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cappawhite

Crazy all right - they're saying its suspicious! You sure they the same owners? Heard one the names and didn't think they the same people? 2 fires is def one to look into if it is !!

Cappawhite wrote: »
    Crazy all right - they're saying its suspicious! You sure they the same owners? Heard one the names and didn't think they the same people? 2 fires is def one to look into if it is !!

Yes. Same guy.

Of course it's suspicious, when you think that that it started at half 2 on a Tuesday morning, no one after been in the place for a few hours? It would be naive not to consider something malicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

If it was a pub in Dundalk that had of went on fire this would have been a 20 page thread already,accusations and the rest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

didnt actually know that....oh dear
    id say that why the investigators were there for more than 2 days....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Very sad to see it gone.

More jobs gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Very sad to see it gone.

More jobs gone.

Jobs will be created in the rebuilding, and reopening, so there is a light in the tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mr. 2

bottomdog wrote: »
    Jobs will be created in the rebuilding, and reopening, so there is a light in the tunnel

Unfortunately its probably more likely that it will remain boarded up and derelict for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Yes. Same guy.

Of course it's suspicious, when you think that that it started at half 2 on a Tuesday morning, no one after been in the place for a few hours? It would be naive not to consider something malicious.

Is the guys name Brian Potter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

p1150475web.jpg

p1150474web.jpg

barweb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cappawhite

Is the guys name Brian Potter?

No don't think so......heard a diff person...could be wrong tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 irjudge

Cappawhite wrote: »
    No don't think so......heard a diff person...could be wrong tho...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Went over for a look when I was home on saturday. God it's just a shell now really.

Shame about folks jobs, it won't be opening again any time this decade I'd say/

West St was looking as awful as ever and now worse since this :mad:

I made a game of trying to recall what shop used to be in all of the closed ones on my way over, was it jalapeno's that used to next door to the weavers where O'Dowd's office is now?

My OH was talking to somebody who manages one of the shops on West St over the weekend, the word on the street is that a couple of the bigger empty shops have been let so there could be new businesses moving into West St.

Apart from last week when West St was closed to traffic business is brisk enough and ticking over - and is up on the previous two years (wouldn't be hard though).

My OH was talking to somebody who manages one of the shops on West St over the weekend, the word on the street is that a couple of the bigger empty shops have been let so there could be new businesses moving into West St.

More cash traders! Yay!

More cash traders! Yay!

Jesus, not more cash traders - what is there now 3 of them?
    I was passing the window of the new one just at the junction of laurence st, there was a drum kit in the window so I thought, oh great a new music shop, then I looked up and saw it was cash traders:mad:

Jesus, not more cash traders - what is there now 3 of them?
    I was passing the window of the new one just at the junction of laurence st, there was a drum kit in the window so I thought, oh great a new music shop, then I looked up and saw it was cash traders:mad:

Still better prices than the sound shop! :pac:

No, i was joking about them being cash traders. But i cant see very big high profile stores taking the old units on west st.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

I just walked passed the Weavers, the top story of the building is completely gone now including the front wall. It looks like they are putting in supports to hold up the buildings either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 disc79

Sad to see it gone , had done a nice job inside.

In relation to jobs they went through more staff in the 8 months they were open than I had hot
    Dinners.

No different owner , owner has another pub in dundalk .

As a bar it had never taken off since it re-opened .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Drove by at about 10 oclock the night it happened, was strange to see it was closed that early

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm removed a few comments to clean things up. Please don't post anything that could effect an ongoing investigation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement