Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weavers gutted by fire

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

delly wrote: »
    I'm removed a few comments to clean things up. Please don't post anything that could effect an ongoing investigation

whats this a super injunction now taking place in ireland???get real

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

No super injunctions, just mod direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

I was up west street this afternoon and went to see what was happening at the weavers.....:( It has all been demolished , just a gap between two buildings with steel cross bracing to support the buildings either side of the gap. I cant see nothing happening here for a few years now, just a derelict site . How sad that pub was the place to be one time.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Went in after it was opened, left after one, place was dead.

Doesn't take einstein to figure out what happened here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The Bridgeford and the Weavers both going on fire right down to the ground - both having the same owner!
    One very unlucky owner?

Forgive me for being suspicious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

He is either unlucky or really really stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

lamoss wrote: »
    I was up west street this afternoon and went to see what was happening at the weavers.....:( It has all been demolished , just a gap between two buildings with steel cross bracing to support the buildings either side of the gap. I cant see nothing happening here for a few years now, just a derelict site . How sad that pub was the place to be one time.:(
    out of interest who pays for the demolition work?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Insurer will if they Indemnify the loss.

They probably wont indemnify the loss so The State will foot the bill and potentially seek recovery from the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Biggins wrote: »
    The Bridgeford and the Weavers both going on fire right down to the ground - both having the same owner!
    One very unlucky owner?

Forgive me for being suspicious.

Does post #29 above not say that it was different owners of the 2 premises? Dont know either myself so can't confirm wither way.

cargo wrote: »
    Does post #29 above not say that it was different owners of the 2 premises? Dont know either myself so can't confirm wither way.
    Well from a reliable source that has been very accurate so far, I've been informed different.

• Advertisement

Just an update pic.

gone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

i reckon they'll just stabilise the building with girders and then we're going to be left looking at it in that state for years to come, bah

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

have heard gardai found video evidence of an individual removing couches 3 days before the fire.....not looking suspicious or anything....

have heard gardai found video evidence of an individual removing couches 3 days before the fire.....not looking suspicious or anything....
    The HD monitors were also taken out I'm told (possibly also on video), the day before the fire.
    Also the builders that are now shoring up the place, had to stop work last Wednesday for a while and call the Gardi back in after they found something that the builders thought would be of interest to them.

Today they got around to placing large wood sheets in as a front to the mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Biggins wrote: »
    The HD monitors were also taken out I'm told (possibly also on video), the day before the fire.

That happened alright, really don't think I can name the shop who took the TV's back so I'll air on the side of caution there. Money was owed to tradesmen for work done during the revamp too, and not small change either.

Did you get any pics of the boarded up place now? Could look ok if it was done like what they did with the demolished buildings on O'Connell St here in Dublin where the boards have windows and detailing over them on a sheet of sorts. Just beside Dr. Querkies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Wasnt there canabis growing in the bridgeford when it went up in flames? I have heard the same rumour about the Weavers(same owner we are led to believe). This would probably tie in nicely with the cause of the fire and also the delay in calling the firebrigade. I have been led to believe that a call was made to the owner by someone in the building before a call was put through to the gaurds and he asked them to tackle the fire themselves rather then advising on ringing the fire brigade...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Guys, I'm closing this thread now. The fire is long gone and all that is occurring now is rumour and vague suggesstions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement