Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ

Options
  • 25-05-2011 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey there

Holding a BBQ next week and want to make it kinda funky! Like tiki torches, lights, etc... But course food too... Any ideas for me with regards to food? Away from the norm burgers etc? Also any idea where to get the "wicks" for tiki torches?? :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Banana and mars bars roasted in tin foil for dessert,
    peel banana chop every 2 cm,remove every second piece and replace with a slice of mars bar,wrap in tin foil and cook on v low heat for ten mins..........your guests will forget the burnt meat after this ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭foobi

Ohhhh! Sounds yum! Mite just try that this weekend, ya know
    To make sure I can do it right!! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

we usually cut strips of pineapple (top to bottom, like you'd cut a melon slice) and skewer them and leave them for an hour sprinkled with brown sugar, then put them on the bbq once it's cooled down a bit and the rest of the food is cooked.

if you time it right, it'll be nicely cooked once the food is eaten and ready to be served with Lidl greek style yoghurt & honey or other fruits. works well with strawberries or banana too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Think Woodies or B&Q had those torches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I'm pretty sure Woodies has them alright.

I absolutely love Tuna steak on a BBQ cooked with a bit of lemon and pepper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

Get a pizza stone and heat it on the BBQ some dough with garlic, onions, sprinkling of maple syrup,pine nuts and goats cheese (yummie) Or Marinate a leg of lamb in Rosemary, then BBQ, chuck in some sweet potatoes to roast for the last hour and delicious! I've done a few roasts for BBQ and they're great to serve on a large chopping board with a carving knife and help yourself.

Almost anything can be bbq'd as long as your patient and wait for it to heat up first and allow the flame to die down. If the coals aren't grey, they're not ready to use.

A friend of mine had a BBQ late evening a while back and the setting was lovely at sunset with her outdoor candles burning, lamps and throws/wraps to keep everyone warm.

P.s. I like to have dessert pre-made (lemon meringue or cheesecake) so I can chilax after
    dinner but I'm also a lover of marshmallows and nutella (help yourself style).

Advertisement