Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champ league final

Options
  • 25-05-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,246 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of any pubs doing private screenings or the like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭baldbear

A public house doing a private screening??? I Don't think so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

No sorry i guess you will just have to watch it with the rest of us riff raff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I will have it on on High Definition at home with some premium eurobeers chilling in my fridge ( €1.60 a bottle Budvar) . The local only has that poxy NTL MMDS standard definition.

The local will be full of ManU riff raff as well.

Paah!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

try the meyrick hotel. im sure they will look after you. best to come in the limo cos i dont think they have a heli-pad. make sure you get them to let you in by a side entrance in case you encounter any peasants by going in the front entrance. you need to get your butler to ring ahead to them know you are coming and have them order in the russian caviar and the bollinger, they usually only have these in stock when they are expecting royalty. i hope this helps. enjoy the game

• Registered Users Posts: 48,246 ✭✭✭✭km79

What I meant was something like what foxes bar did for last final . Tenner in and you had to be wearing united colours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

km79 wrote: »
    What I meant was something like what foxes bar did for last final . Tenner in and you had to be wearing united colours

Funny...I thought Fox's Bar was a Liverpool pub...maybe they are...fleecing United fans....

It is (or maybe was ) a pool pub but sure money talks I suppose ! byway hopefully this is all irrelevant as I am supposed to be going to London for the weekend assuming my passport turns up by tomorrow evening 

Got any tickets?!

Five of us going over but no tickets. We have booked tickets for a MUST private screening in FAbric night club. But my passport which Ryan air insist on has gone missing

Ha ha...that's mad...I'll be in Fabric too...unless I get a ticket that is!

• Advertisement

I hope I am too

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Part troll

Deam Km79
    I to would also like to watch this match in peace and quiet, (particularly as my friend Tristan gets quite agitated when in large groups, but i plan to sedate him 30 minutes before kickoffMay I suggest you call round to mine for the match? I am an avid united fan, and have been following them since 2007 (before that I used to follow Chelsea, but united are the team for me now...) Like you i don’t want to be around Barca fans / neutrals if we lose. I want to throw my tantrum in peace and as I mentioned before, Tristan isn’t good with people, especially if we loose.( But UTD will never lose cos they r da greatest team in the world eva!!)

My house is pretty sweet, i have a kick ass AV setup, I have a class 2.1 surround sound system, and when that’s turned up to the last you can really feel like you’re at the city of Manchester stadium, my TV is a panaphonics 22”, the picture quality is brilliant(except for the damage done to it by Tristan in the semi final.... we still should be able to see 73% of the screen), it’s almost like being there....My mom has promised to call in at half time, with a fresh batch of prawn sandwiches and coke (I’m not allowed to drink alcohol. So my counsellor says, I beg to differ, I might be able to get some premium alcohol free beer in on the QT, there won’t be a cover charge

Pm me your details if you’re interested, we can hit the town after the match, i have like €30 and plan to spend it foolishly

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

A bunch of tossers (aka Man Ure fans) will be meeting in Kelly's Bar, led by the irrepressible Hector of RTE, where they will cheer on 'their' United to their heart's content.

They will roar on Wayne the Granny Shagger, Rio the Twit or Twat, Ryan who prefers playing away from home, and all the over-paid millionaires who represent 'their' team.

Strange how none of them were in Terryland tonight when the United who actually represent Galway lost yet again. This United is in dire fiancial straits, but would actually do quite well if the tossers who will be in Kelly's actually thought about supporting their own local team.

I'm not sure where I will watch the match, but it won't be Kelly's.

Viva Barca! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

Part troll wrote: »
    Deam Km79
    I to would also like to watch this match in peace and quiet, (particularly as my friend Tristan gets quite agitated when in large groups, but i plan to sedate him 30 minutes before kickoffMay I suggest you call round to mine for the match? I am an avid united fan, and have been following them since 2007 (before that I used to follow Chelsea, but united are the team for me now...) Like you i don’t want to be around Barca fans / neutrals if we lose. I want to throw my tantrum in peace and as I mentioned before, Tristan isn’t good with people, especially if we loose.( But UTD will never lose cos they r da greatest team in the world eva!!)

My house is pretty sweet, i have a kick ass AV setup, I have a class 2.1 surround sound system, and when that’s turned up to the last you can really feel like you’re at the city of Manchester stadium, my TV is a panaphonics 22”, the picture quality is brilliant(except for the damage done to it by Tristan in the semi final.... we still should be able to see 73% of the screen), it’s almost like being there....My mom has promised to call in at half time, with a fresh batch of prawn sandwiches and coke (I’m not allowed to drink alcohol. So my counsellor says, I beg to differ, I might be able to get some premium alcohol free beer in on the QT, there won’t be a cover charge

Pm me your details if you’re interested, we can hit the town after the match, i have like €30 and plan to spend it foolishly

hahahaha, i really hope this is a pisstake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It is (or maybe was ) a pool pub

Would a Billiards pub not be more suitable for you Your Highness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

LOL..................cough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Part troll wrote: »
    Deam Km79

My house is pretty sweet, i have a kick ass AV setup, I have a class 2.1 surround sound system, and when that’s turned up to the last you can really feel like you’re at the city of Manchester stadium, my TV is a panaphonics 22”, the picture quality is brilliant(except for the damage done to it by Tristan in the semi final.... we still should be able to see 73% of the screen), it’s almost like being there....

Priceless!!!!
    Great first post!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Part troll

Five of us going over but no tickets. We have booked tickets for a MUST private screening in FAbric night club. But my passport which Ryan air insist on has gone missing

Good news
    My mom has decided to bankroll me(after a HUGE row), and while I won’t be able to go to the match either L, I have now got tickets to go to Fabric to watch the match with the united massive...:) (come on you reds.....)

Is it a must that you have to be kitted out in united jerseys..??
    i only have one Chelsea jersey from my time supporting them, and obviously don’t really want to wear that. But i did a Google search, and found out united had a blue kit a good few years ago, with what looked like stained black markers on it.? (hope that makes sense.??)

I plan on doing something similar to the Chelsea jersey, with my box of markers, which should be fine (..I’m quite good at art), except for the branding, but maybe ill just cut them out and sew a fake united badge on it? (do ryanair still give sewing kits out in flight or is that still a risk?)

Anyway I don’t have a place to stay yet, but maybe as there are 5 of ye going, if there was a spare bed, i could crash with you?
    hope to see you in fabric

PM me your details if you want to hook up... (UNITED!!)

Shame on Ryanair for insisting that Man United fans need to have passports for flights .... that's pure discrimination, that is!

If you were a Barca fan I'm sure they'd give you a red carpet and free booze all the way to London.

Get your mother on to Alex Ferguson immediately. I'm sure he can have the ref / pilot / airhostess /Michael O'Leary fired.

Should be a great night in Fabric. Although it could get Messi, with all the tossers about!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

celty wrote: »
    A bunch of tossers (aka Man Ure fans) will be meeting in Kelly's Bar, led by the irrepressible Hector of RTE, where they will cheer on 'their' United to their heart's content.

Come on now celty no need to abuse Man U

BTW..I am a GUFC season ticket holder & paid up Maroon Army member and drove a 250 km round trip from Tipp to Terryland last night....and the less said about that debacle the better......:(

....and I have a lovely telly at home with Saorview HD

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

They will roar on Wayne the Granny Shagger, Rio the Twit or Twat, Ryan who prefers playing away from home, and all the over-paid millionaires who represent 'their' team.

Strange how none of them were in Terryland tonight when the United who actually represent Galway lost yet again. This United is in dire fiancial straits, but would actually do quite well if the tossers who will be in Kelly's actually thought about supporting their own local team.

You're an idiot. No wonder nobody goes to Terryland anymore with that attitude (and yes I see the irony in my username, a symbol of a bye-gone era.)
    Is it only Man United fans that didn't go to Terryland last night? Is it only Man United players that are overpaid? If GUFC players and management showed half as much courage, balls and pride as both teams will tomorrow night, then people might actually go.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    You're an idiot. No wonder nobody goes to Terryland anymore with that attitude (and yes I see the irony in my username, a symbol of a bye-gone era.)
    Is it only Man United fans that didn't go to Terryland last night? Is it only Man United players that are overpaid? If GUFC players and management showed half as much courage, balls and pride as both teams will tomorrow night, then people might actually go.
    why should people go to terryland? i went last year to see them play st pats. what a load of sh**te it was. i can think of far better ways to spend my money than sprnding 90 minutes watching 22 underpaid footballers at terryland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

I'm not sure where I will watch the match, but it won't be Kelly'

I find being called a tosser quite offensive to be honest, you should wind your neck in, and get down of your high horse

my local team is Athenry. i am actively involved in my local club as both a player and a coach. The only local United in Galway is MERVUE UNITED. Salthill Devon are the other local team. Galway United do not represent the junior soccer players of Galway. They have NO UNDERAGE STRUCTURE and the only facilities they have are funded by the junior soccer players they should represent.

anyway thanks for all the replies. Im off to Kellys for some prawn sandwiches:D
    2 1 united

my local team is Athenry. i am actively involved in my local club as both a player and a coach. The only local United in Galway is MERVUE UNITED. Salthill Devon are the other local team. Galway United do not represent the junior soccer players of Galway. They have NO UNDERAGE STRUCTURE and the only facilities they have are funded by the junior soccer players they should represent.

anyway thanks for all the replies. Im off to Kellys for some prawn sandwiches:D
    2 1 united

No it's not.... Mervue are a junior team plain and simple.

There are barely 2000 in the area, they don't have the potential support to play Nationally and compete.

What have under-age structures to do with it?.... By and large no LOI clubs have under-age teams, thats what feeder clubs like Devon and Mervue are meant to serve.

The only team that can gather enough attendees to games for this county can not carry the flag and name of a Junior club, in some shape or form it has to be a GALWAY team.

Represent the juniors?.... why would they represent the junior clubs(in what way :confused:)?... do Manchester United support the local pub team is Salford?

Fair play to Athenry anyway, a fine club who created all their success off hard work huh?(nothing to do with a developer giving decent players from town apartments and the like so they'd play for them)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I know mate I hate those ****ing Glazers:mad:

All I can say is I enjoyed the game. Barca are one of the best teams ever. And I didn't go to Kelly's to see Hector ranting on the microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is not the Soccer forum. There is one thread for GU, use that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement