Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

interference on second tele

• 25-05-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

ok so i ran a cable from the rf2 outlet on the back of my sky box and ran it outside up the wall of the house and then back in to a second tele....
    the recption is perfect..... but i'm getting white lines across the screen every now and then.... has any one any ideas.... ive changed the frequency on the rf2 output... didn't work.... turned off the wifi... in case that was interferring with it... no difference.... i even put a booster on the line.... and it did nothing .... as i say the picture and sound are perfect, except for these intermittent white lines....
    any ideas... as i'm pulling my hair out.... and have very little of it to waste
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

have you tried different frequencies on the rf2 or did you only change it once?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭andyone

John mac wrote: »
    have you tried different frequencies on the rf2 or did you only change it once?

changed it a few times maybe 6 or 7 times if anything picture quality got worse. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Do you have an aerial plugged into the back of your skybox if so it could be interference caused by that...

What type of cable have u used to connect to the second tv? Is it stamped with a name eg RG6, CT100 exc....its possible that the cabling used is badly screened and this is picking up interference from something

not sure about Ariel . . but i do know that the second tv is connected with cheap cable from power city. . don't know he its stamped at all. . I'll check on both on Monday. .

Just checked no arieal going in the back of sky box... and cable i'm using is RG6 COAXIAL CABLE 75 OHM - any suggetstions?

• Advertisement

IT WAS THE FECKING SKY PLUS BOX.......... tried another sky box and it all works perfect....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Glad you got it sorted well done

steveon wrote: »
    Glad you got it sorted well done

i ruled out the cable first.... as i used a meter long fused cable...... then i thogt it was the tele.......(19" flat screen) i read it could have been that somewhere..... but the old 14" portable i used had the same interference on it.... then i went uo and down all the RF channels.... then like a bolt of lightening ...... it came to me.... maybe its the sky box...... i had an old dis used one lying around a friend used to own..... piped it up..... and like magic it worked......

DOES ANYONE THINK SKY WOULD REPLACE MY OLD BOX AND GIVE ONE OF THEM NEW JOBIES... with the larger hard disk ( i think its the hd box):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement