Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

youtube browser upgrade error in all browsers

• 25-05-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

screenshot1xsm.th.png

Is it some kind of virus?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

not seeing anything like that on my site.

The red background in the back is what I get when visiting an "untrustworthy" site though so just make sure it's actually youtube that you are visiting and that you're not being redirected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭rocky

I'm not seeing it either on a different laptop, but a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware and Avira showed up empty.

I have FF 4.0.1, IE 8 and Chrome 11, and all show the same error for www.youtube.com. How do I check it's not redirected?

for firefox

options > advanced > network > Settings

mine says no proxy

edit: do you have noscript or any addon like it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

rocky wrote: »
    screenshot1xsm.th.png

Is it some kind of virus?

I'd guess it's a hijacking of your browser. It seems to be mimicking a Firefox malware warning page, the language used is clunky and odd, plus Youtube normally use their own customized warning pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I was trying to get onto a site before and i got something like this asking me to download a firefox update which was not needed.

I found out it was a scam trying to hijack my computer it looked alot like a legit firefox warning but i knew something was up as i never seen it before seems very common in firefox 4 never had this issue is firefox 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭rocky

Opinicus wrote: »
    for firefox

options > advanced > network > Settings

mine says no proxy

edit: do you have noscript or any addon like it?

No proxy, I do have noscript - is this a problem?
    Spear wrote: »
    I'd guess it's a hijacking of your browser. It seems to be mimicking a Firefox malware warning page, the language used is clunky and odd, plus Youtube normally use their own customized warning pages.

I ran Antimalware and Avira, also checked out Hijack this! - no unusual entries
    jay93 wrote: »
    I was trying to get onto a site before and i got something like this asking me to download a firefox update which was not needed.

I found out it was a scam trying to hijack my computer it looked alot like a legit firefox warning but i knew something was up as i never seen it before seems very common in firefox 4 never had this issue is firefox 3!

Funny thing is it's happening only on this laptop, on all 3 browsers, and only for youtube.com... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Is there an entry for youtube.com in %WinDir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts ?

rocky wrote: »
    I ran Antimalware and Avira, also checked out Hijack this! - no unusual entries

Is noscript up to date and everything, even if it wasn't I don't think you would get that type of message.

Did you run Malwarebytes anti-malware in Safe-Mode? If not then try that.

Advertisement