Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats La Cucina

• 25-05-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

La Cucina in Castletroy just won best casual dining in Ireland award at the Restaurant association of Irelands Annual awards. Congrats to the gang there, truly deserved!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Well done Lorraine and Bru! Well deserved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Limerick sexiest man, and the best food in the country, no wonder its so hard to get a table :p

Tell me about it (apart from the sexiest man part obviously :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

a class spot! well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

would would ye recommend? ive only ever got pizza slices in there

• Advertisement

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    would would ye recommend? ive only ever got pizza slices in there

no, its terrible... Of course we recommend, all we've done is sing its praises, and its just won best casual dining two years running. Its awesome, branch out :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

zuroph wrote: »
    no, its terrible... Of course we recommend, all we've done is sing its praises, and its just won best casual dining two years running. Its awesome, branch out :)

I think he wanted you to recommend particular dishes off the menu. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Haven't been there in years, suppose I'll have to pay it a visit again soon!

lol. ok, boscaiola is my fave, that or the spicy pizza who's name evades me at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The carbonara there is really thick and creamy compared to the usual watery crap you'd get elsewhere. Tha't what I normally order there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ninty9er wrote: »
    The carbonara there is really thick and creamy compared to the usual watery crap you'd get elsewhere. Tha't what I normally order there anyway.

Yeah it really is delicious there. They did an amazing lasagne there as well.

Lovely spot to eat as the food is always great and the folk working there are very friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

sounds like a nice place, Ive never been there, where are they, and are they open for lunch? Is it a take away place or can you sit down and eat there?

try the carbonara with no cream! You will not go back to cream and the new Irish Pasta dish they have is unreal!

banjobongo wrote: »
    sounds like a nice place, Ive never been there, where are they, and are they open for lunch? Is it a take away place or can you sit down and eat there?

Castletroy beside the post office and spar. yes, open for lunch, and you can take away or eat there, can be a short wait for table, espec at busy times.

Advertisement