Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays Ibiza or Mallorca ?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Can someone help me I am an Ibiza Mallorca virgin and I want to know which one to go to. Also can you tell me about acc and which city would be the best to stay in for clubbing etc
    Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ibiza, without a doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Being to Ibiza and stayed in a hotel complex a few miles outside San Antonio but had a ball and would recommend .

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Latchy wrote: »
    Being to Ibiza and stayed in a hotel complex a few miles outside San Antonio but had a ball and would recommend .
    Did you go for a week and what was the price thanks ( for the hotel per night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Did you go for a week and what was the price thanks ( for the hotel per night)
    We went for two weeks back in 2000 on a family holiday and stayed at the Sirenas ,country club which caters for a mixture of family and 20/30 something couples but cant remember now the full price of the holiday including our flights which we booked with Air Tours then .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from AH.
    AH style responses removed. Any more unhelpful responses will get red cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kregan

Ibiza without a doubt. Mallorca full of leaving cert students and has only one proper club.

I was in Ibiza last year and heading over on the 3rd July for a week again.

We stayed in Tropical Hotel last year in San Antonio, great location but you can get better deals. We are staying in the Hostal Tarba this time reviews are very positive and it's reasonable. Book it yourself both Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly from Dublin and you will get the hotels cheap online.

It is pretty dear over there in the clubs but you can do it on the cheap if your sensible.

When are you thinking of heading over?

Kregan wrote: »
    Ibiza without a doubt. Mallorca full of leaving cert students and has only one proper club.

I was in Ibiza last year and heading over on the 3rd July for a week again.

We stayed in Tropical Hotel last year in San Antonio, great location but you can get better deals. We are staying in the Hostal Tarba this time reviews are very positive and it's reasonable. Book it yourself both Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly from Dublin and you will get the hotels cheap online.

It is pretty dear over there in the clubs but you can do it on the cheap if your sensible.

When are you thinking of heading over?

Hey Thanks for the help.
    Well the 6th to the 13th. We are thnking of staying in the roca hostel in san antonio. Can I ask how do you do it on the cheap? Like do you mean not buying drinks in the clubs because the cost a fortune. Also what bars would you reccommend and the best night clubs like eden etc. Also howw carefull should i be with all the pic pocketers and fights etc Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

Hey :)
    I spent four years back and forth between England and Ibiza (my ex lives there), San Antonio is definitely the place to go for clubbing. I mainly stayed in the bay or the town. San Antonio Bay is more family oriented with a few quiet bars. I don't know much about the tourist-y side of it, but when I was there the locals loved Pacha in Ibiza Town and Bora Bora beach. Both are really easy to get to with a bus just for the clubbing tourists going to either destination. There are a lot of good bars at the end of San Antonio Town, up from the fountains and across from the marina/port. I think a lot of people used to either buy their alcohol there before going clubbing or in one of the many, many cheap alcohol shops that line the San Antonio Bay beachside.
    A word of warning - be very, very careful with the pickpockets! They tend to prey on people when they're incredibly drunk and not able to take care of themselves - They tend to leave the majority of other alone... I don't know how it is now, but when I was there most of them were Moroccan or from Senegal, very few of the Spanish did it. TBH just keep a hold of your common sense. I know a few of them used to hang outside Eden/Es Paradis on the beach and wait for the worse for wear clubbers to straggle out at 4/5am. However a lot of people absolutely love those clubs, and they're right in San Antonio and close to accommodation, so you don't have to worry about making a long journey home. As for fighting, I rarely saw any - just the odd few tourists fighting amongst themselves after a few too many. In 4 years over there, I never got hassle once, it felt incredibly safe to me (don't know what it's like any more!), I felt comfortable walking around on my own at 4am, no bother at all!
    Didn't realise this was going to be such a long post! haha hoped it helped anywho :) If you've got anymore questions, just ask :D

abbyw1989 wrote: »
    Hey :)
    I spent four years back and forth between England and Ibiza (my ex lives there), San Antonio is definitely the place to go for clubbing. I mainly stayed in the bay or the town. San Antonio Bay is more family oriented with a few quiet bars. I don't know much about the tourist-y side of it, but when I was there the locals loved Pacha in Ibiza Town and Bora Bora beach. Both are really easy to get to with a bus just for the clubbing tourists going to either destination. There are a lot of good bars at the end of San Antonio Town, up from the fountains and across from the marina/port. I think a lot of people used to either buy their alcohol there before going clubbing or in one of the many, many cheap alcohol shops that line the San Antonio Bay beachside.
    A word of warning - be very, very careful with the pickpockets! They tend to prey on people when they're incredibly drunk and not able to take care of themselves - They tend to leave the majority of other alone... I don't know how it is now, but when I was there most of them were Moroccan or from Senegal, very few of the Spanish did it. TBH just keep a hold of your common sense. I know a few of them used to hang outside Eden/Es Paradis on the beach and wait for the worse for wear clubbers to straggle out at 4/5am. However a lot of people absolutely love those clubs, and they're right in San Antonio and close to accommodation, so you don't have to worry about making a long journey home. As for fighting, I rarely saw any - just the odd few tourists fighting amongst themselves after a few too many. In 4 years over there, I never got hassle once, it felt incredibly safe to me (don't know what it's like any more!), I felt comfortable walking around on my own at 4am, no bother at all!
    Didn't realise this was going to be such a long post! haha hoped it helped anywho :) If you've got anymore questions, just ask :D

Thanks for the help. You said you were travelling over and back form england. I was just wondering this sounds stupid but i heard a few people saying it, since alot of english tourists go there would there be trouble like if they saw irish (just out of curiosity). Also there are 3 of us going is that enough people to how do I say "fend" off any pick pocketers (as long as we are not plastered). Also regarding age and night clubs any info on that. If we are going for a week and we have acc and flights payed for roughly how much spending money should we bring. What should we carry around with us at all times like do we have to have our passports (id prefer to leave it in the hotel incase i lost it. Food hoe much is it for a basic meal. Thnaks for the help :)

• Advertisement

I don't know who's been telling you about getting hassle because you're Irish :S I never saw anything like it, there's so many different groups of people go, it's a real melting pot! I always thought the English loved the Irish anyway :S You won't have to 'fend off' pickpocketers either, they usually only do it to the incredibly drunk... and are so quick and efficient at it, you wouldn't even notice things gone til it's too late! I don't think it happens to sober people, just keep your wits about you and you should be grand ;-)
    It's been 3 years since I was last on the island, but it was over 18's only over there last time I was here, they were getting a lot stricter the last few times I visited too.... Which is fair play as a lot of clubs were being shut down for underage/drug use problems.
    I can't really help you with the spending money.... the economy's changed a hell of a lot since I was last over there! ;-) I always found it pretty cheap though - it can't be any more expensive than over here can it? ;-) haha I remember the last year I was there they had just built a huge super cheap massive supermarket in the bay area, much better value to do your food shopping there than the little corner shops.
    As for the passports and money and stuff, when I was there, there was a big problem with break ins in certain hotels - all the ones I stayed in were grand, never had any issues. Might be best to either hire a safe or hide passports/money. If you're going out and getting drunk you might lose the passports or money... but that's entirely you're decision :) What part are you staying in? Which hotel/hostel?

abbyw1989 wrote: »
    you staying in? Which hotel/hostel?
    Thanks for all this info. Its the roca hostel. Lets say I know someone who is 17 but hes 6ft3 they hardly have the time to check everyone for Id... Just wondering as for the english thing I thought the exact same.... would you recomend eating out everyday or buying food and making it like we dont want to spend aload of money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

They are supposed to be having terrible forest or bush fires in Ibiza at the moment.

Yeah they are, I have a few friends over there still and they say it's pretty terrible :(
    As for the Roca, I never stayed there myself... but it's in the middle of all the bars in the west end, on the strip in San Antonio... I guess you won't want to be sleeping much anyway ;-) haha Es Paradis and Eden are 2 minutes away as well. I found ibiza-spotlight.com to be the best website, tripadvisor too. If you're thinking of going to the clubs, yeah they check everyone for ID (or they used to anyway) there's always huge queues at the beginning of the night.... the bars near your hotel shouldn't be as fussy though.
    Eating wise, I suggest you buy some food for the apartment (if you have a fridge that is, some of the more basic rooms don't!) but definitely eat out as well, there are some fantastic little places to eat and it's all part of the experience too :D

Advertisement