Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Conan goes free to play

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

After wasting my money buying that POS when it came out the only way I'd play it is if they paid me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

After wasting my money buying that POS when it came out the only way I'd play it is if they paid me :D

Its far from a POS now, totally different game compared to when first released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Dcully wrote: »
    Its far from a POS now, totally different game compared to when first released.

Yea was recently told I should give it another shot because of all the changes since release. Maybe I would like it if I tried it again, but with all the other good mmo's around at the minute I don't think I'd bother with it.
    It might be petty and a little childish but I'd rather try a game from a different company that I didn't shell out 50 quid or whatever it was for a half finished game. :pac:

Funcom sent out emails last week to pat subscribers offering free game time until the end of this month to celebrate their 3rd anniversary.
    I downloaded the client and my account is active, just havent got round to playing yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

My PC wouldn't run it properly when it first came out. Had potential, but meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I absolutely loved this when it first came out. The starting location was absolutely fantastic. But once you left that area, it kind of went downhill. This was before they started adding new content and were desperately trying to fix the bugs.

If this had been released in a better state, I'd probably still be playing now.

humanji wrote: »
    I absolutely loved this when it first came out. The starting location was absolutely fantastic. But once you left that area, it kind of went downhill. This was before they started adding new content and were desperately trying to fix the bugs.

If this had been released in a better state, I'd probably still be playing now.

I loved it too, i went back about a year ago and subbed for about 4 months to experience endgame.
    While i enjoyed it there just wasnt enough endgame content, then came the expansion , it ran horribly for everyone, some load times for zones were 10 minutes lol.
    Then there was the silly faction grinding, just repeatable quests over and over, no new quest lines or anything.
    New dungeons were decent but the rest of the expansion was terrible.
    I havent played in anger since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Is it any use? Does it now rely on micro-transactions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is it any use? Does it now rely on micro-transactions?

There's a premium account option instead, give more classes, slots, dungeon/instance access etc.

Advertisement