Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom problems tonight?

• 26-05-2011 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Posting from a flaky mobile connection coz my eircom bb died about an hour ago!

DSL light is now red :-(

Anyone else having problems (assuming ye can get online to reply) ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭BOZG

Someone from Limerick posted about their speed increase coming through today - maybe syncing issues relating to that? Tried a reboot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Back online.

Had tried numerous off/on sequences of the router.

Maybe someone in eircom bollixed up by trying to up the speed despite having been told by me a month ago that the line wouldn't take it.

Or maybe they took the exchange offline.....I dunno.

Ta for the reply, though - all seems ok again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've been having intermittent problems with it the last two days, seems particularly bad tonight. Really annoying, was watching a movie through apple tv and can't finish it now! Grr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

I had similar problems and even now I can’t connect with Eircom.

I’m between the change over from Eircom to Vodaphone and around 11 today my Eircom stopped working. The last word I got from Eircom was the routers broke and because I’m on a rolling contract I’ve to pay to get one or sign a new contract to get a free one.

As I type, I’m not officially on Vodafone, but can’t access Eircom and get around 1-2Mbps with my Vodaphone login details.

My guess is the speed upgrades is knocking out connections…

Advertisement