Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking adult dance classes in North Co Dublin

• 26-05-2011 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi there, we need to find a dance instructor or classes in the North Co Dublin area, for preparation for our wedding dance and also for fun and fitness. Would be interested in doing some group classes first just to get into the groove maybe.. oh how scary lol!! Preferably Balrothery or Balbriggan area..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jgal

hi there, we're based near malahide and also lookin for wedding dance classes. so far the only ones we have found are in south dublin... anything going northside? we'd prefer private lessons!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 StrandUtd

Hi guys,

What type of dance are you looking for? My partner and I are in the same boat, getting married at the end of the summer, we're starting swing dance classes in Fairview soon.

we just need to get prepped up on our first dance song... we're both pretty useless dancers! where in fairview are you doing the classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 StrandUtd

Hi, the swing class we're doing is in the National Dance Academy, Fairview, here's the link: http://www.boogiebeatswing.com/ We're booked a swing band for the wedding so hopefully this will help us not make a holy show of ourselves! The first class was last night, we missed it (not a good start :-)

I was talking with a guy called Owen Cosgrave from Just Dance on the phone today and they offer private dance classes (55/hr.) over in Harolds Cross on Saturdays, he was quite helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dancer x

Hey guys,

I am a dancer and qualified dance teacher. My main background is in ballet and jazz but I have also done hip hop, contemporary, tap, salsa, ballroom and burlesque. I teach both adults and children.

I would be willing to give private lessons if people are interested. I am based in Portmarnock and I have a car so I can be flexible regarding location. If you have a song chosen I can choreograph in whichever style you prefer or a perhaps mix of styles depending on the song.

If you are interested send me a private mail and I will get in touch!

Kind regards

Caitriona

• Advertisement

hey guys,

i found a flier below my friend's apartment about a dance instructor and decided to give her a try... well lucky us she is FABULOUS and has been, for lack of a better word, PERFECT! we had our first lesson last week...she got us useless dancers through 1 minute of our song in an hour... and has cut our song to just over 2 minutes so we should be good to go in 2 lessons + a refresher close to the wedding.

we didn't want to go the group route because we really just want to be able to dance well to our first song, then the pressure will be off! she has made the dance moves easy for us klutzes to manage.

anyway, her name is gill and is based in the liffey trust building down near the o2. PM me if you want more information. :)

Advertisement