Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which game should I buy?

Options
  • 26-05-2011 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Don't know if there's a thread for this? Anyway, I'm trading in Dead Space 2 for something new on the PS3. I was thinking of either LA Noire, Mass Effect 2 or Portal 2, but I can't make up my mind. Which one should I go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Portal 2, its brilliant, LA Noire is an absolute snorefest of a game, havent played Mass Effect 2 yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Depends on what your looking for really. I'd say Mass Effect 2 is the best a brilliant bunch there (though i've not played LA Noire yet). Either one of the three are good value for money, though Portal 2 is short enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Mass Effect 2 is a fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Kiith wrote: »
    Depends on what your looking for really.
    Good point. Time isn't an issue at the moment, so I don't mind a game that takes a long time to complete. I'm not really interested in multiplayer games, so I'm looking for something which has a really good single player game. I like third person shooters, though Portal 2 sounds interesting and a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Good point. Time isn't an issue at the moment, so I don't mind a game that takes a long time to complete. I'm not really interested in multiplayer games, so I'm looking for something which has a really good single player game. I like third person shooters, though Portal 2 sounds interesting and a bit different.

I'd say get all of them eventually but mass effect 2 first, provided you've finished the first, lol if not then get that, they're sooooo good. Portals 2 is also excellent but shorter then the others, LA Noire is quiet good, but doesn't measure up to the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

NO MAN SHOULD HAVE TO MAKE THAT DECISION.

Although, since you're PS3, I'd go for Mass Effect 2. Comes with all but one of the DLCs, and has that interactive comic that'll give you some idea of the first game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

I recommend Mass Effect 2 , fantastic game with alot of hours worth of gameplay and replayability in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Get me2, by the time you will be finished with it athers will drop in price. So win win situation.

As for la noire, make sure it's a game for you. It's not something main stream. 50% love it 50% hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

Finished LA Noire last night, it's a good game but gets a little boring, the story is great but I would recommend ME2 over LA Noire that's just my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Get me2, by the time you will be finished with it athers will drop in price. So win win situation.

As for la noire, make sure it's a game for you. It's not something main stream. 50% love it 50% hate it.

That makes sense to me. I don't like paying top dollar for a short game, which Portal 2 apparently is. I'm not one for replay once finished, so that scratches that game for the time being.

Admittedly Rockstar's games I do tend to find a mixed bag (Red Dead Redemption brilliant, GTA IV dull) so that comes down in price...

I'll go with Mass Effect 2 by the looks of things.

Thanks Everyone! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That makes sense to me. I don't like paying top dollar for a short game, which Portal 2 apparently is. I'm not one for replay once finished, so that scratches that game for the time being.

Admittedly Rockstar's games I do tend to find a mixed bag (Red Dead Redemption brilliant, GTA IV dull) so that comes down in price...

I'll go with Mass Effect 2 by the looks of things.

Thanks Everyone! :)

Allways here to help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You just listed my 3 favourite games on the PS3, All very different but I have to say you should try pick up the other 2 at some point down the line. LA Noire is my favourite at the moment but it seems its only for people looking for a good detective game so look up reviews before getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Portal 2 or Mass Effect 2.

I only finished a couple of cases in LA Snore before returning it (rental) and can't see myself rushing out to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

All 3 are brilliant. LA Noire and Mass Effect are slower games and Portal is funny and challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Mass Effect 2 is the only one I've played from that bunch, but it's a phenomenal game. Well worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

I've only started ME2 today and already 5 and a half hours into it, its a brilliant game well worth playing & highly addictive, sorry can't comment on the other two

Advertisement