Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM course (newbie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

Hi,

Can't say anything about that course ( didn't even look at the link to be honest) but I'm doing a masters in PM by distance from UL. I'm based in the sticks but there is a group who operate out of dublin for tutorials and exams. Its tough going but very interesting.

Alternatively, you could look at the Project Management Institute site for info on their CPMP and PMP titles depending on your experience. Pretty sure they can be done by distance but with a certain amount of class room learning, a lot of home study, an exam and of course a small fee! PMP is well recognised. might be an option for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Sureskills run a Prince2 Project Management course, this is a good certification.

I've used Sureskills in the pasy myself, PMP but be worth looking into as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

Who are the best providers for the PMP exam prep courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MountainRunner

Hey there,
    I completed a Diploma course delivered through the Institute of Project Management of Ireland (IPMI) a couple of years ago; I found it very good, with some amazing lecturers from various industries. It also provided a platform to obtain International Project Management Association (IPMA) accreditation at Level D; however, if you have sufficient PM experience you can apply for Level C which I did, the application process is a bit longer and there`s a pretty stringent interview to get through. The course was run in the IMI in Sandyford which was very comfortable. One criticism that I would have is that the course was a little expensive (over 5k), but it did run, on select days, between October and March/April. But again, the lecturers were excellent. It also focus`s on preparation and fulfils the training criteria necessary for the PMP exam.

Advertisement