Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedward in June!

Options
  • 26-05-2011 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

I hear Jedward are to appear at the Donegal Town festival at the end of June.

Let the games begin! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

^ ^ Banned :p

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Banning is too easy he needs to be tortured, something like the Iron Maiden or The Rack or front row tickets to Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Don't forget the Aura in August...

oh god you might actually hear them from my house.....

must move house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

danniemcq wrote: »
    Don't forget the Aura in August...

oh god you might actually hear them from my house.....

must move house
    Don't move. Let them play.
    Hell even open a window so you can hear better.:cool:

Then sue the Aura for loss of hearing and mental torture.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

aww cr*p dont think i'll bother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

They are to play in the Aura in August 22nd and Great Northern Hotel 22nd October, don't see anything for them in June they are at the Wexford strawberry fest, got that off the official planet jedward site....

Now if off to clear my internet history before anyone see's i was on that site :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Now if off to clear my internet history before anyone see's i was on that site :pac:
    You're secret is safe with us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Oh god no !! I'll be working within earshot of the stage in Donegal Town. They banned smoking cause it could harm barmen's health. I wonder if I could get them banned for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Banning is too easy he needs to be tortured, something like the Iron Maiden or The Rack or front row tickets to Jedward.

Iron Maiden are coming to Donegal Town. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When exactly is this on. So I can find a good excuss for not heading home that weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

irish-stew wrote: »
    When exactly is this on. So I can find a good excuss for not heading home that weekend.

First weekend of July as far as I know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

Sun 3 rd of july smash hits and aslan playing at the Donegal town summer Festival
    Sat 2 nd of july Royseven and Ryan Sheridan playing at the Donegal town summer Festival
    Fri 1st july Bluestacks Jamclub oddsocks revival and The Mindbenders
    Thur 30th june Jedward and Turbelent EDDY

just saw that on their facebook page. must make sure im working thursday (good thing my job isnt in the town)
    ryan sheridan is pretty good tho, oddsocks and mindbenders put on good shows too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I heard rumor of cost

Was it anywhere near 18,000 ?

yup.. 1k less I heard

You could literally put a band in every pub on every night of the festival for that. What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

i think i heard mundy was 30k last year. least jedward will pull a crowd of 8 year olds and it can be made back of their parents trying to drown out the noise:D
    anyway the festival used to be bands all day long rather than 2 each day and it never pulled that much of a crowd

fingers crossed for the weather to hold out then :pac:

I just heard that there was a fund raising campaign for this!

I just heard that there was a fund raising campaign for this!

For the festival yes. Don't know if the quizzes etc would have been as well received if the J word had been used.

• Advertisement

in fairness theres a great buzz around the town today...hopefully the rain holds off and everyone attending has a great weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Why, for the love of god, do they have to close off the entire town from 3-8pm today? Not just the diamond, but all of the roads coming in/going out of the town (from the diamond to all of the surrounding roundabouts). They're bussing people in for cripes sake! How am I supposed to get home after work - I get picked up from work, will I have to walk out to a roundabout?

Why is this necessary? It's only jedward, not the pope!

Ayla wrote: »
    Why is this necessary? It's only jedward, not the pope!

so they can charge :confused:

my cars in the back car park !

as far as i know you can drive round the car park (in from main st out at the quays)

Out of curiousity, did you park there after 3 today? That's when I hear all the roads into town closed down (so that anyone wanting to get past the Tullyearl/Lid'l/Mill Park roundabouts had to take a bus in.

Sure, they want to charge, so what're they going to do, charge the local residents when they're trying to get home? What about the people staying at the hotels who have nothing to do with the concert?

roads are open after 11

Out of curiousity, did you park there after 3 today? That's when I hear all the roads into town closed down (so that anyone wanting to get past the Tullyearl/Lid'l/Mill Park roundabouts had to take a bus in.

Sure, they want to charge, so what're they going to do, charge the local residents when they're trying to get home? What about the people staying at the hotels who have nothing to do with the concert?

nope 8:45am, in work all day first noise kicking off not making my taking support calls for our business any easier

actually i agree they shouldnt be allowed to close the diamond on a working day IMO (but hopefully i'll be abkle to get out before jedward start - i'll hear them from 2 miles away anyway)

feelpablo wrote: »
    roads are open after 11

oh, well, that'll help all of us trying to get home from work tonight :mad:

Really, was this necessary?

oh, well, that'll help all of us trying to get home from work tonight :mad:

Really, was this necessary?

Probably was in fairness...with about 3,500 people due to the diamond i would say between insurance and everything else it had to be done.

Its an inconvience for people (including myself) but id prefer to have it this way then to hear of some kid knocked down by a car

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

irish1967 wrote: »
    Was it anywhere near 18,000 ?
    That is the figure that I heard mentioned, Donegal town was getting all Jedwardified this morning.:)

• Advertisement

already queuing to get in

165339.jpg

Advertisement