Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

single microphone into multiple computers.

• 26-05-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi,

so i have a Video Conferencing setup in work and i need help with the microphones. I have 4 PC's running Office Communicator 2003 and due to not have a multi video to video option i have 4 indvidual setups.

my problme is this. I do not want 4 mics for feedback lag etc so i have a dual min with a mini jack end. Does anyone know of a splitter than will go from female to 4 male or a better way of doing this?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

not sure if this is any good to you.. But I split the output of my 3.5mm creative labs so that one goes to my small speakers and one goes to my PA... I use one of these

bandridge_headphone_splitter_3_5mm_m_-_2x_3_5mm_f_stereo_bap424_1.jpg

(I also use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm to give me the right interface at the other end)
    I'm not sure if there is a similar 4-way one, but as a temporary solution you could hook up three of them to split one in to four.. That would be a simple/cheap way of doing it..

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

yeh i did think of this but was not really to happy with the "botch" job it would do. I would also be interested to hear about loss of quality?

could i put the min in to a mini amp and distrabute that way?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Passively splitting the output from a dynamic mic four ways may result in impedance mismatching and isolation problems. Also, mic preamps on PC soundcards are in a very noisy electrical environment and many of them are low quality anyway.

If all 4 PCs have line-ins, I think you'll get much better results using a Kramer 104M (or a similar mic preamp/line-level distribution amp combo).

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

I am assuming that is a XLR connection? is there a mini jack version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

That's a 1/4" jack version - you'd use it with a mini-jack to jack adapter on the mic and 4 x this (or equivalent) to the line-ins on the computers.

The XLR version is 104B.

• Advertisement
Advertisement