Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AES bin collections in Portarlington

Options
  • 26-05-2011 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else getting woken up on a regular basis by these pricks??? Three weeks in a row now!!

This morning it was 5.30am, they come in the estate, hydraulics on the lorry squealing, flinging bins around the place and roaring at each other!! Then they leave the bins lying out in the middle of the road or slap bang in the middle of the drive.

They do not give a fiddlers!! Oxigen and Whelans also collect on my estate and not a peep!! (Admittedly they come later in the day). They'll also leave the bins back where they were.

I have complained before and it made no difference. Am I just grumpy or has anyone else noticed this?? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Is anyone else getting woken up on a regular basis by these pricks??? Three weeks in a row now!!

This morning it was 5.30am, they come in the estate, hydraulics on the lorry squealing, flinging bins around the place and roaring at each other!! Then they leave the bins lying out in the middle of the road or slap bang in the middle of the drive.

They do not give a fiddlers!! Oxigen and Whelans also collect on my estate and not a peep!! (Admittedly they come later in the day). They'll also leave the bins back where they were.

I have complained before and it made no difference. Am I just grumpy or has anyone else noticed this?? :mad:

Just move company and then at least your bin will be put back in the right place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

i have - i'm with whelans but most of the neighbours are with aes and their bins regularly have to be moved from my drive after they've been - the noise is my big bugbear tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

same with them all oxigen i used to have to go find my bin,

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

aint it a safety reason they go into estates early. wasnt there a child killed some where few yrs ago with a dust lorry and i think now this is the reason they prefer going in at these times.

aint it a safety reason they go into estates early. wasnt there a child killed some where few yrs ago with a dust lorry and i think now this is the reason they prefer going in at these times.

i think thats an urban legend - whelans and oxigen both come in the afternoons.

AES can come whatever time they like but if they would maintain the lorries (so they werent making that awful squealing noise), werent roaring at each other and werent playing football with the bins - they make no effort to keep the noise down!!

• Advertisement

i think thats an urban legend - whelans and oxigen both come in the afternoons.

AES can come whatever time they like but if they would maintain the lorries (so they werent making that awful squealing noise), werent roaring at each other and werent playing football with the bins - they make no effort to keep the noise down!!
    no not a urban legand, was my cousins child. and honestly think i would rather put up with a few mins noise than a family having to go through that again.

wasnt there a child killed some where few yrs ago with a dust lorry and i think now this is the reason they prefer going in at these times.
    no not a urban legand, was my cousins child. and honestly think i would rather put up with a few mins noise than a family having to go through that again.

on your first post you mention the incident like its some vague third hand story you heard and then in your second post you say it is your cousins child??? strange.

that is terrible and I'm very sorry for their loss.

However,

Like i said already, they can come at whatever time they want although if its health and safety why are the other companies permitted to come in later in the day.

My main point is that THERE IS NO NEED FOR THEM TO BE AS NOISY AS THEY ARE. I resent being woken up every Thursday morning and i dont think thats unreasonable.

on your first post you mention the incident like its some vague third hand story you heard and then in your second post you say it is your cousins child??? strange.

that is terrible and I'm very sorry for their loss.

However,

Like i said already, they can come at whatever time they want although if its health and safety why are the other companies permitted to come in later in the day.

My main point is that THERE IS NO NEED FOR THEM TO BE AS NOISY AS THEY ARE. I resent being woken up every Thursday morning and i dont think thats unreasonable.

hardly making it up. what i was not quiet sure about is that as far as i know bin collection in built up areas is supposed to be done at quiet times. now. dont think its law but i think this is reason why they like going either early or middle of day when there aint as much kids out.

not saying you made it up but you def set me up - now i'm the bad lady who doesnt care about the kids safety as long as i get a good night sleep. Not what i mean at all.

as i've said SEVERAL times now - maybe i'm not being clear?? I dont care what time they come, but there is no need for them to be as noisy as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

I don't thing they should be allowed into estates at 5.30am; ring the council and ask

• Advertisement
Advertisement