Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot Warranty

Options
  • 26-05-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I have a peugeot Partner van which was originally purchased new in the UK in november 2009. I bought it last august. In the UK peugeot Give a 3 year warranty but here in Ireland they only give a 2 year warranty. The turbo went in it recently and Peugeot are replacing it free of charge. I asked if there will be a further warranty with the new part which is being fitted. I was told by my dealer that there wont be and that the warranty will run out in November this year.

My questions are:

1 Why do Peugeot UK offer 3 years warranty and Peugeot Ireland only 2 years on the same vehicle? Is this legal under European law?

2 Should they not have to offer a guarantee with the new part that is being fitted? If it fails again in 18 mts time after another 20000 miles Im left to carry the cost... surely this is wrong?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

richiee wrote: »
    I have a peugeot Partner van which was originally purchased new in the UK in november 2009. I bought it last august. In the UK peugeot Give a 3 year warranty but here in Ireland they only give a 2 year warranty. The turbo went in it recently and Peugeot are replacing it free of charge. I asked if there will be a further warranty with the new part which is being fitted. I was told by my dealer that there wont be and that the warranty will run out in November this year.

My questions are:

1 Why do Peugeot UK offer 3 years warranty and Peugeot Ireland only 2 years on the same vehicle? Is this legal under European law?

2 Should they not have to offer a guarantee with the new part that is being fitted? If it fails again in 18 mts time after another 20000 miles Im left to carry the cost... surely this is wrong?...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055323859

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

Thanks for that. What about the warranty on the new part being fitted though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

No, you won't get any longer cover on a part replaced under warranty. The part is replaced in order to fulfil the original warranty and under the terms of the original warranty. It's the same with any other item repaired under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Motors

dudara

Advertisement